Thursday, August 1, 2013

Thursday with Family

Ah, it is one of the better times for me when at least two out of three sons are/were here.  AND my daughter-in-law whom I adore.  The third son would have been here but right now he is battling an infection so it was better to stay put.

We went to supper, two sons, DIL and myself last evening and that's a restaurant I am not eager to go to again.  It took the better part of an hour to be served supper and they got my order wrong.  I didn't say anything as that would only have made the wait even more long.  Plus my DIL suggested the place and I didn't want to embarrass her by complaining and whining.  She had been there previously a few times and all was well then it seems.

My middle boy (who just returned from New Zealand and Australia)  will be leaving here early in the morning, Friday,  for Ohio to visit a friend there and then, he heads back to NC to his home.  He's making hay while the sun shines as he is a teacher and soon, the grind will start anew.

The supper I had last night was indigestible largely and so I had to stay up much later than normal trying to get my stomach to process the meal more fully.  I detest eating late like that.  Quarter to eight may not seem that late to some but it lays on my stomach eating that late.  I prefer six at night as the latest.  Nonetheless, I had to sit up with two pillows to not suffer as much as I would have done had I lain down. Somewhere in the night I slipped down into normal posture for sleeping.

It has been wonderful learning new friends who have graciously come to see me after Beth came home.  Thank you so much for that and for visiting my little 4 footed daughter, Katie Isabella on her bloggie.  xoxox


Here she, Katie Isabella, is enjoying visiting her brother night before last. 








11 comments:

  1. I'm with you girl on not eating past 6:00 or soon thereafter. That's what happens when we are "older" I'm afraid. So happy you could have two sons there at the same time and your wonderful DIL. Those times don't happen often enough for us moms.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't eat late in the evening. I suffer with acid reflux if I do. I hope you are feeling better today. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about late meals (like those above). I've tried to trim my intake and be more reasonable during the times when I eat but on occasion things don't work out and I pay for it...ugh. I'm glad your visit is going well, what isn't great about that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry the restaurant experience was not so good but it must have been fun dining out with family :-) I don't like eating late either. I usually eat at around 5 or 6. I try to eat before 7 at the latest. I hope your stonach is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad Beth is home :) We eat quite late now as my brother is here, but I know what you mean about indigestible food in restaurants!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been a pleasure getting to know you and Katie Isabella! Husband and I have difficulty eating after about 6 p.m. If we go out to eat, it is always early. Hope your tummy is better today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all that's a wonderful header picture. Second thanks for keeping us updated on Beth. I'm glad she's home. And finally, what did you order in the restaurant?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm like you, If I eat late I can't sleep a wink. We've had some bad experiences with eating out too. I'm glad Beth is home. I just came from her blog, bless her heart. I admire her so much. Hugs, xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got a nice email from Beth. I am so happy that she is recovering. She has certainly been through a lot. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes same here just can't eat too late , so hope you are feeling good today. I adore Katie Isabella so cute sitting there. Such good news Beth is home and recovering well. :)
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful photo Sis.. I love it.. happy little kitty there!!God answered out prayers with Twin and I am over the moon happy about it. Thanks for keeping us informed.. XOXO

    ReplyDelete