Friday, September 20, 2013

At Last! (Isn't that a song title?)

Well, at last I feel like a less sick person.  Last Saturday was the beginning of a swift downward trend.  I developed (and didn't know it) a fever and a whalloping case of bronchitis.  The tightness of my chest and difficulty breathing AND the 7/24 coughing took me to the Dr. and luckily I was granted an appt. on that very day, a Monday.  I went in person with laryngitis and lots of notes to explain why I was there.  I got a Z-Pac and a certain cough suppressor.  Don't want to say its name here what with the troll engines and all.  The cough suppressant did NO discernible good AT all.  Or so I thought until I did without it one night and the coughing was the worst ever.

I have three thermometers and none told me I had a fever.  I kept taking my temp and it was always below normal.  I was sweating, like a cold sweat sorta, and fanning myself even tho the house temp was 72. Still, the 3 thermometers tricked me into thinking I was sweating for no good reason, until I begged again in person at the Dr.s office for another Dr. appt. as I was getting worse, not better.  Granted.  At 1330 I got my own Dr. this time. And I had my temp taken where it was not taken on Monday.  100 degrees. Still it showed me I had 2 new and one older lying thermometers!

He said indeed I had bronchitis, listened to my chest and could tell the intense tightness and prescribed the steroid pack wherein you take 6 the first day and then one less each day until the end of the dose. I took my six at 1600..and I will tell you my bronchial passages opened enough to allow some really loud and impressive productive (not tight any more) coughing and even a bit less.  I sat up to sleep bolt upright in bed with four thick pillows and had a decent night for the first time in a week just about.

I am still sweating but at least I know why.  The Z- Pac runs out after today's dose.  No idea how long the low grade fever will remain.  OR if I will be infectious until it is done.  I forgot to ask.

Left the keys in the door all night.  *smacks forehead*.  Felt horrible when I got home and just didn't think.

Sorry for the litany.  At least I feel decent enough to write the litany.  :-)




21 comments:

  1. Oh do take care if you lived closer I would indeed be over with a nice hot bowl of chicken soup. Take care. I have left my keys there before without the drugs:) Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds miserable. Hope you are now on the mend. Look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all just so glad you feel better.
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness that sounds terrible , so pleased you are feeling a bit better. Take care
    Hugs Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like what I had last spring--turns out it was whooping cough! The immunization we get as kids doesn't last forever. Who knew?
    Glad you are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you soon feel your old self. HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carole, I sure hope you are better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Through the halls of medicine to health Carole. I've been remarkably healthy but am weary from the up and down temperatures...we can never be too diligent. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sending along healthy vibes to you, Carole! It is encouraging to hear you are showing improvement. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. DOH! We're glad you're doing a little better and want to remind you to HYDRATE! Drink plenty of fluids! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are glad you're on the mend, Carole. Lots of purrs and prayers that you're 100 percent real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Sis!
    I was never thinking about you has bronchitis tighcess with difficulty breathing with coughing so much...
    You has bad time too much from last few years sis.
    I start thinking of you next winter times are more remarkably
    care with your healthy Sis!
    Our good friends with Beth and you with me has just bad times.
    But we will has a wonderful day times us!
    xoxoxo
    Sis,Katie,Miyuki,and Victoria,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have had a rough go of it! I hope you are back to your old self soon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. SIS..been there many times over and do know how hard that is to get over.Living with asthma and having NO AIR I know how horrible it is to gasp for air too. Hope the new meds and rest will help you out. Glad you were able to get in to see someone fast, around here all we can do is go to the ER in another town for help. Sleep when you can your body needs it and recover quickly. Hugs to you.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry you have been so sick! I've been that sick before and it is so totally miserable to endure. Glad you are on the mend now. I hope that dose will do the trick and you don't need any more antibiotics. Be gentle with yourself. Spoil yourself silly. Rest. Glad to see you were up to posting, though. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so sorry you've been so sick. Having cough is really hard...can't sleep and get exhausted for coughing so hard.
    Glad you are getting better a little. I hope you get fully well very quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey, at least its always better to know WHY you feel awful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey, at least it's better to know WHY you feel awful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope your birthday is a day where you feel much better. Many blessings to you today..have a great day. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday! And we hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself! Meow...

    ReplyDelete