Saturday, September 28, 2013

Awesome Breakfast

Guys, (ladies) I had the breakfast of champions and that is a sure sign I am better.  My breakfast was: three left-over chicken fingers from Ruby Tuesday at my celebratory birthday supper yesterday with and by my available family, i.e two sons and my daughter-in-law.  Oh, how delicious.  I had the chicken fingers and a square of tender home made chocolate cake with thick butter cream frosting.   Now that is the breakfast of dreams!  DEElicious.

I started coming up out of this unhappy siege two days ago.  My doctor said on Wednesday "you are experiencing the perfect storm" of problems brought about by medications and the illness.  I would hate to write and won't bore you with a recitation as it were, of the worst of times this week.  Frightening--- but it's over now.

They gave me a beautiful wedding photo book they had made for themselves and for me.  AND a years subscription to my favorite hometown newspaper both at home delivery and digital.  The paper went up so high for a subscription I threw in the towel and quit after as many years as I have lived here.  I missed it so much.


Thank you so much for the birthday wishes.  That sincerely meant the world to me.  Those of you who came from Beth's page, bless you.

Someone who is four legged and furred is summoning me into her parlor to play.  After all, it's 8 in the morning!  What's the holdup?


14 comments:

  1. It is so good to hear you feeling so much better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that cake looks wonderful!! Your breakfast sounds awesome!
    I am so glad you got to spend time with family and that you are feeling better.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Family, good food, gorgeous cake, good nursing,and feeling better. It's just the best news. Big Hug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM look at that cake!!!
    very thankful you are getting better

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure glad you had a good birthday. You sure were due after all that you have been through. Glad you are feeling a little better. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh your breakfast sounds good :-) I'm glad you are feeling so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Sis!
    Inded the real life sis! still there you can enjoy spend time with FAMILY!
    Nowaday more like to stay home and sit in front of the computer or use the mobile ones. You have to stay busy with KATIE that the best thing for you!
    xoxoxo
    Sis! Katie,Miyuki,and Victoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're glad you're feeling better and that you had a nice birthday! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy to here that you are feeling better. Great Birthday cake. Great to have family around for your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you are feeling so much better, Carole. It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday celebration, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad you are feeling better. I have been away from my computer sometime(s) in the last couple of weeks. So glad your birthday was a happy one and that you are getting the newspaper again! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to hear you are feeling much better..and what a cake gosh! looks great and sounds very tasty. Good you had your family around you..take care.
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's truly good to know you're feeling better...nobody needs the perfect health storm.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you are doing so much better!! Time to play. :)

    ReplyDelete