Friday, September 13, 2013

My goodness

I remember a flurry of activity by me earlier in my life; cleaning the house including taking glass light shades down from all the fixtures and washing them and remounting them.  Mopping, sweeping, windows washed, waxing, dusting, rearranging things and all just a few days before I had another child.  I think they call it the nesting syndrome.

Well, today I got up and readied myself for the day..and of course I am neither married now nor pregnant, and went to work out.  After that I had brunch with a friend, came home and washed the car.  Then, I came in the house and washed the windows! Then, I cleaned and polished all of the wooden cabinets in the kitchen..the upper ones on both sides of the room and the lower ones all the way around.  Then,  I cleaned the stove and hopped up and did the microwave too.  If I had not answered a phone call I would have emptied the fridge and cleaned it inside and out as well as the linen closet.  But I did wash down the washing machine and the dryer.

I am telling you this because I feel 20 years younger today.  I feel free and I have no concerns.  Not for me nor anyone else.  It's the most free I have felt in a year.  The day is beautiful and so am I, inside.  

I have enjoyed every minute of every hour in this day since daybreak.  I will take this sparkling effervescent and finest of gifts any woman could wish for, happiness,  and be deeply grateful through and through.

I refuse to worry for tomorrow, to be concerned, to anticipate or decide what will happen. I think I will just wait and see.  It's good to let go of the control you never had in the first place.

Whatever the new day brings, it will happen without my concern, worry, anticipation or machination.  Without a river of words to those who don't want to hear them.  I think I will keep relinquishing that pretense of control that I have realized I never had..and keep doing that if I am able.

XXOO

15 comments:

  1. Whew! You really were a whirlwind. Letting go can so take the weight off. Look forward girl. Sending my love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be astrological. I feel the same way today, but worked in the garden rather than at my desk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only pray to find it to the place you are at. I wish I could feel the weight off my shoulders and that I could feel contentment again. Maybe one day. Maybe, just not today. I am very happy for you my friend and I hope the rest of your days are as filled with this new founded spirit as today.
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are happy for you for such a good, energetic day. We think we have an inkling why.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on having such a happily productive, satisfying day!

    PS, I THINK the chart you couldn't read on my Cavebear's Lair blog is now readable. ~ Mark

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you got so much accomplished today. I agree with your last paragraph, word for word!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really glad that you are feeling on top if the world. Have a great weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful, positive, uplifting post. It is wonderful to have a day like that. What a lot you got done! I hope you have a great weekend! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Sis!
    I have enjoyed in your ones of years thinking in yourlife...
    The come through you And though they are with you yet they belong not to you...
    Wonderful words from your boddy.
    How about with more lovely picture for us?
    I has good time with golfing that make me looking for next month ....
    Have a lovely weekend Sis!
    xoxoxo
    Sis,katie,Miyuki and Victoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that is a lovely uplifting post, it's great to have days such as this. It's no use worrying about tomorrow enjoy today, I agree so agree.
    Enjoy your WEEKEND :)
    X Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  11. You go, Girl! I am so happy for you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We actually have so little control and spend so much time and effort trying to convince ourselves that we do. Love every day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Days like that are an incredible treasure...hope it last for a long, long time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sis How wonderful.. so happy for you..keep up this attitude as you see it will do wonders for you. Have a great rest of the weekend,you certainly deserve it after all that work. XOXO

    ReplyDelete