Saturday, October 5, 2013

Football and Home Made Soup Day!

Oh the house smells so good.  I am making home made vegetable beef soup.  It may need another hour...maybe.  The potatoes are still a bit firm and so are the carrots.

Today, my Vols will likely get a booty kickin' by the Bulldogs.  We will be outclassed by the 4 major SEC schools again.  BUT: next year and each following we will be better.  We have an excellent coach and although I like the boys personally, both QB's are no better than one of anyone's sons out there tossing a football.  It;s a shame but that's what we have and it's causing a great deal of trouble for us.  Plus we have many true freshman playing who don't have experience in collegiate football.  Especially not a high powered SEC set of games.  We are in the SEC after all, and we have a very tough schedule.

Recruiting went very well by Coach Jones so we have hope for a bit better next year until we are full power again as we were a few years back.

Just checking in.  I wish I could serve you some soup because if I say so myself..it will be delicious!

Katie's favorite brother will be here tomorrow after church.  That will please her so much.  (it will ME, too.)

So here is Katie again in her cheerleader outfit.  She wishes..she hopes..she cheers.


18 comments:

  1. I wish you could serve me some soup too. :-)

    Actually, I need to get my crockpot out soon, so I can just toss a bunch of stuff into it in the early AM and have a yummy soup or whatever ready when I get home.

    As for football...I don't follow any sport, really, but hope your favourite team wins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I get the impression that a lot of Americans take football as seriously as a lot of Canadians take hockey! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, hope springs eternal for those Vols! Are you watching the game? xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sis!
    Good morning! I find making a yummy morning smoothie is a brillant way to made begin the day.
    When you decide you're already on the good soup then entise contents of your foot ball team wins.
    Have a good time with Katie!!
    xoxoxo
    Sis,Katie,Miyuki,and Victoria,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pic of Katie in the cheerleading outfit! I hope your team won!

    I can smell the soup from here. I bet it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgot to say that your header picture is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure hope your team will get stronger! It must be fun to see the team changes to be better.
    I wish I could come over and have some soup :-) How nice Katie san's brofur is coming! I wish you a fun weekend together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sis!
    I'm sorry this morning I thought until I did without it ones.
    The perfect of clors are beautiful! I'am impressed with all your photography it looks great and happiness with us !
    xoxoxo
    Sis,Katie,Miyuki, and Victoria,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  9. soup.... ahh..... steaming

    see the vols eked out a loss.... bummer

    ReplyDelete
  10. The aroma of homemade soup is one the best smells ever. Go Cheer Cat, Go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great minds think alike...football & homemade soup!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Today will be a mid-sixties day...sounds like a walk after church for me! have a great day Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is definitely soup weather!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a good day to bake cookies, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the pic with Katie in her cheer outfit! I can't let Beth see it tho, she'll try dressing Angel up in an WKU outfit! LOL (Angel would NOT like that at all!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, that soup sounds delicious, indeed!

    The Vols really gave Georgia a scare. I know, "close" does not count, but they are really coming together as a team, and I believe this portends good things for the future. I hope you and Katie enjoy your son's visit!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Try pork stew/soup (depends on how thick you make it). 6 oz cubed pork, 1 chopped potato, one coined carrot, one chopped onion, 1 chopped celery stalk. Oregano and salt to taste. Simmer veggies 15 minutes. Stir fry pork for 4 minutes. Add to veggies. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Soup that's my fav Lunch time eats with a soft roll. Lovely header so pretty . Hope your team wins xx

    ReplyDelete