Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Wednesday Notes on Tuesday

It has been a busy stressful week and will only build more from here with necessary things to do.  But it's better to be here to do these things than not be able to.  That's called looking for the bright side.

I had several calls last night.  Both calls were unexpected but very nice.  One was from a local friend here and one from New Zealand, from a man I consider one with my sons as they are all in the exact same age group..  I thoroughly enjoyed them both.  Today, I headed off to that  local friends home and had lunch there and some good conversation.  She came over here later and helped me with a vexing window lock problem.  I have those new windows that open inward so that you can clean them but most are very hard to get locked again.  That isn't good for obvious reasons including letting in cold or heat and noise.

Hey, remind me to not get those delicious buttery flavored Club crackers ever again.  I LOVE those things which explains why I only get them once in a decade usually.  They are so good if my belly could hold them, I'd eat them all at once.

Today was one of those days October is famous for.  Blue blue, just deep blue sky, with a smattering of white puffy clouds.  Temps rose from 47 this morning to a balmy 80 this mid afternoon.  Gorgeous day.  I was grateful for it.

We almost won that football game in OT.  I am proud of how far the Vols have come.  Just missed it.  Just as lost, yes, but that was a well fought battle on our side this time.  The guys are starting to change the culture from where it was to what it needs to be.

Katie is asleep in her thick plushy bed and snoring.  Loudly.

xox


14 comments:

  1. You all are in my thoughts and prayers!

    I love those Club crackers too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh at the snoring. Stella snores. Chloe Jo does when she is congested, which isn't good. You take care of yourself. Hug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear that you had a good day! Yes, that was quite an exciting game on Saturday! Perhaps things are looking up for those Vols! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping you in my prayers, always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have favorite some foods that I try not to get because if I have it, I will eat all at once! Very dangerous :-)
    Glad your team is doing so well. I hope they keep going better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The weather here is hanging on...not too bad but very cool in the mornings. I'm grateful in these troubled times to have a church to be actively involved in. Have a great day Carole.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm the same way about Ritz crackers--and PT as well! Sounds like you are having a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for you. I'm kinda out of the loop myself and sorry i haven't paid a visit lately.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Sis !
    Your reached the end of your story,, Your life style for your time not too fast I love you always Sis!
    your son's friend from New Zeland that was good conversation news I remenber about him too...
    Last October in famons Blue sky that was both of remember to gorgeous gratefull night not tonight yet....I will looking for in night with you and Katie!
    Yesterday was not good my golfing day and another raining days???
    You having a wonderful day Sis!
    xoxoxo
    Sis,Katie,Miyuki, and Victoria,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carole, your photo in the header is breathtaking! So happy you have had a good couple of days. How nice you could catch up with two friends too. We need to do that kind of thing more often.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You remind me to call my friend who always seems to disappear during football season!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry your week has been so stressful, Carole. But it sounds like you had a pretty great day despite it! Purrs and prayers that the things that are stressing you fall by the wayside. And hugs to you and Katie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gentle post and a great reminder to savor small things. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Take some time to mellow ... :)

    ReplyDelete