Saturday, December 7, 2013

Goodness Me

Good title for me today really.  Goodness and mercy have found me every day.  The part I feel bad about is the knowledge that many (most) times I didn't and don't recognize that goodness and mercy, no-- not even when it hits me on the head in a manner of speaking.

We tend to try to direct what the good things will be and what they will be like And how they will affect us, and most of all what those good things will be!  That is human nature, more is the shame.  For me, it takes a lot of growth inwardly, spiritually.  For others it is their own choices.

We don't get to direct how things are to be done when they are beyond our control.  We think we do...we spin our wheels and bend and twist things until they approximate what we think goodness and mercy should be in our lives.  It's hard not to try to be in control.  Harder still to realize that you are not nor ever were.  :-)

Goodness me, I stopped that type of thinking some time ago.  Now, I open my eyes and mind and listen.  So, with that all being said and boring all of you I will close the topic.


I just wanted to say that my oldest son seems to be progressing well enough at this time.  I am to-the-core grateful.


20 comments:

  1. When faced with the insurmountable one does find that the will of the Spirit cannot be broken. Acceptance is all we can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are grateful for you and your son's health, friendship, and love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy he is progressing well. Many hugs to you and to him. And you're so very right about wanting to control things. Every time i get that feeling come over me.. (it happens more than i would like,) i have to sort of kick myself in the seat of my pants. Figuratively of course. ( I'm just not that coordinated.) Lovely post Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful photo of Miss Katie.
    I am glad things are going well for your son. You are all in my prayers!!
    HUGS for you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me (us) all the days of our lives! And for me, I know how liberating it was to realize how little I could control....I don't know if it was the same for you or not....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about wanting to control things. Prayers for your son, glad he's doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear you- and I have always been a person that is "in charge"-"in control"..and when our youngest grandchild got sick two weeks ago I was beside myself because I COULD NOT HELP HIM...only God and prayers could.

    So glad that your son is progressing! Blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy for you and yours! Been rough. I hope all will be perfect for Christmas after all this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes the best control in the world is to do nothing but let life run its course. Yet there are always windmills out there to tilt at.

    Glad to hear the healing is continuing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many prayers for your son, Katie, and you, my dear friend. You are wise and wonderful. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wheel spinning gets you nowhere fast! Lovely post xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi sis!
    Your son's doing good well Sis!
    I hope Katie's well a happy too...
    xoxoxo
    Sis,katie,Miyuki,and Victoria,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the picture of Katie ..so good to hear your Son is feeling so much better now. Every day is a treasure and be thankful for.
    Have a lovely week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your son's progress blesses me to no end! We go out in subzero temps and blowing snow today...I would like to not spin wheels.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Continued prayers until your son is totally well again. He's getting there. Katie is looking adorable as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah I get this many of us do not notice the good things that come our way

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sis!
    How are you Katie I love you all ways as your sets too hight expectations for you all the techoical mumbo -jumbo...
    Hugs for you and getting will for Erich son..
    xoxoxo
    Sis,Katie,Miyuki,and Victoria,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  18. When things are beyond my control, I just have to let it happen..like typhoon. But we can always hope for the best :-)
    Glad your son is doing well. This is such cute picture of Katie san and her mini-me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such wise reflections! Amen to just letting go (or trying to, anyway) of control.

    We're purring and praying for your son, Katie and you!

    ReplyDelete