Monday, January 13, 2014

Oh What a Beautiful Morning

Here is sunrise off my deck this morning while I was shivering my timbers in the cold wearing my flip-flops and jammies. I have so many trees you can't ever see anything clearly here.  Going to street level would have been even worse. So..here's my sunrise.

I have appointments to make today.  One for HER Vet to get er claws cut and one for my human vet for myself.  Hate those times but we gotta.  I have a form of WCS.  White Coat Syndrome.  Always have had since my mother took me a hundred years ago for a pre-school physical.  I will never forget it.  The rottenest doctor ever hatched and NO empathy or otherwise for kids who are in the dark as to what is happening and why.  Mother just took me there and never said that is what we were doing and the Dr. was from Dante's Inferno.  Seriously, although my mind knows better, I still have the heebie jeebies when I have to see the Dr. unless it is for something very very simple and innocuous.

I am fortunate in having a GP that I like  and who is kind plus very knowledgable.  I once had a stone in my salivary duct but who knew?  I had been to the Urgent Care place quite a few times between work shifts etc. and they never figured what was wrong with the pain and the BIG swelling.  I looked like I had a goiter! I finally got an appt. with my own Dr. (the one I spoke of a few lines up) and he took one look after asking two or three questions and pronounced I had a stone.  He called the surgeon himself and I had an appointment the next day.  It was removed and that was that.  (hurt like heck for a day afterward though).

He is a very good diagnostician.  I had something going on with the palms of my hands.  He asked maybe three questions and told me what it was.  Whouldda thunk it was what it was?  He prescribed a cream, and that took care of that.

My point is that my Dr. can look at the more unusual odd things and accurately diagnose them.  Cool!

Well, have to go play with my little Katie who is waiting..see you later.

11 comments:

  1. I don't have a clue what WCS is and am afraid to Google. LOL. Good luck to you both at your respective doctors...and that's a brilliant, stunning sunrise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes well with the doctors today! We had a glorious sunrise here this morning, but there is no sign of sun now. Rain is on the way! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be thinking of you today and hope to talk to you later. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with those appointments! I feel the same way you do about doctor visits. My doctor is wonderful, but i stlll dread going because she's a DOCTOR. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carole, that picture is absolutely gorgeous. I love it. Now I understand why you hate going to doctors. You had a very bad start in life with visiting doctors. I'm so sorry you have to go through that every time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so lucky t find such a great doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having a good doctor is one of the best things in the world. Great picture on top! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant sunrise. Too bad you couldn't have caught that sunrise at the horizon.
    It's doctor time for me in Feb.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sis!
    You had a stone in your salivary just remember an appot with your doctors.
    But best thing will findout next doctors just hope with small things Sis.
    We has HOT day for about five days 45- 48 days.
    xoxoxo
    Michiko
    Sis,Katie,Miyuki,and Victoria.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I do hope it turned out all right this time too? xx

    ReplyDelete