Tuesday, February 25, 2014

What a Beginning to the Day!!

Oh, the pain.  How horrible.  Quelle terrible!   p'tahk! The coffee maker died this morning just after I turned it on.  I tried perhaps five times to get it to work and it would not.

I had hot Russian tea for breakfast instead, but one wants ones coffee.  I have been out and gotten a few grocery items and a new coffee maker as well.  I am about to wash the parts and run it to clean it as the instructions say.  I also stopped at McDonalds and got a large cup of their superb coffee.  Better late than not at all.

The packaging for the new Mr. C*f*ee  coffee maker was the work of diabolical minds.  I needed my knife that I always carry, to get some of the box opened so that I could cut away the glued in foam!! and after that hard labor, to  try again to extricate the appliance.  But it was not to be.  One must at personal risk of slashing arms or hands, continue cutting and pulling with great force to get the thing out of its prison.  Once THAT was accomplished, then I had to get all the tape and film off of the appliance as well.   IT is resting comfortably on the counter.  I am down for the count.  But I am drinking the coffee I brought home.  Sadly I have almost finished the last delectable drop.

The dead coffee maker resides in the trash bin now and good riddance to the cursed thing to choose 0630 to do that to me!  The container it came in is not fit for recycle as there is so much foam glued in and impossible to get out.

I will go observe and tend my wounds at having had coffee so late in the morning.



17 comments:

  1. gives an approving nod to another woman who keeps a knife on her person. I am lost without mine, I use it almost every day.
    That said, Stupid coffee makers and packaging these days!!!
    i brew my own also, i find those single things so wasteful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Packaging for a lot of products is awful. Impossible to get into. CBC news recently did a program (maybe Marketplace, can't recall) on package rage--the frustration so many of us experience when trying to open what we've bought.

    BTW, McDonald's has really good coffee, love it...and here it's free all week (a small). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggle with opening new things too. I thought my new telephone was to stay forever in the box as it was such a chore to get out, I am glad you got your coffee!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary here - Yikes - what a bad way to begin your day - especially if you need your coffee to get going. This one should last a long time for you now. Hope your day got better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you were able to find some coffee, plus come home with a suitable coffee maker! That is definitely a rude awakening for the day! Hot Russian tea does sound good, though.:-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some packages are so hard to open! And also I struggle if I need to assemble. I've never had Russian tea, but I'm interested! Recently I got Irish Breakfast Tea and it was very good. I hope you will like your new coffee maker and it won't break at 6:30 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You kind of wonder if they really want you to use the product they way they boobytrap unwrapping it, lol. I panic when my Bunn dies. Could outrun a NASCAR driver getting to the store to replace one. Glad your back in busniess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry for your bad day. I've had a few like that lately as well. I made the coffee one morning and it was water, literally. lol I forgot to add the coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a coffee first thing gal. I sit each morning drinking two cups. It wakes me up. Tea is afternoon for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have green tea in the morning. Hot water and a tea bag never fails, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must have coffee to start my day...or I am like a zombie...especially when trucking. I feel your pain. ~xo~

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am not a coffee drinker but I can tell you I am shit without my morning glass of Pepsi Max

    ReplyDelete
  13. The coffeemaker breaking at 6:30 in the morning sounds like a horror movie, if you ask me! Come to think of it, the packaging for the new one sounds like a nightmare, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sis!
    How horrible the coffee meker died just after you tried it on so many times but it would not anymore....
    Ones coffee and few gronew make as well. after that you went at Mcdonalds but Yikes to awful coffer that places Don't going back again Sis!
    I hope you having a better day!
    xoxoxo
    Sis.Katie,Miyuki,and Victoria,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just the idea of 0630 is too, too horrible. To know it did not include coffee is beyond what I can bear.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bother I signed out instead of posting my comment, Carole now I've forgotten what I said, I bet it was good... :-) Can I have a cuppa or three? Please ...going spare here... I think I was commiserating about modern packaging.. seeing as how they make it so darn difficult to open something without damaging what's inside and us besides... But then maybe not...(OH I fed your fish, they were ever so hungry,.. but they wouldn't stop eating. so I stopped feeding and they said I was mean... ;-) ) xPenx. .

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel your pain!! It happened to me the other day, but not at 0630!!! :)

    ReplyDelete