Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Oh MY!

Oh MY!  As I have mentioned before in my blogs all the way back to MSN Spaces days, there must have been a great theft of all the turn signals in all the vehicles in this State.  Has to be!  Why else do I never see one flashing at a turning place?  Burglars must have been well coordinated to get them all like that.  Luckily I had mine chained to the steering column so I am still able to use it.  It's precious, so I expect someone will creep in during the night while they can be unseen and steal mine too!  Little do they know I have a garage nearby where I can have another installed!!!

I think too that most drivers have had one of their two arms drop off.  This is amazing!! Why else do I see just one handed steering coming at me down the road or showing up right behind me?  Four knuckles popped up like four tiny suns rising over the curve of the steering wheel. And their fingers maybe or maybe not gripping the steering wheel.  Have to admit that the casual wrist placement only atop the steering wheel gets me  every time.  Wrist driving!  Whodda thunk it?

But meanwhile, moving on,  last night I dreamed I got married.  Yes, I did.  His name was George.  I never could see his face really well but I had enough of a sense that he was O.K. looking.   Not fat, not thin.  Average.  He was not easy to deal with as he was very quiet and rather puny seeming.  Wraith-like. Probably that signified that I do not wish to be married again (and I do not).  But somehow I found myself married.  As the saying goes,  "Go Figure"!

So.  I have told you my thought for the day of theft of vehicle safety features and my most peculiar dream.  :-)








20 comments:

  1. LOL for the dream. And there has been a city wide theft of turn signals here too! Must be traveling burglars.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ the turn signals! Every day I walk home in our neighbourhood I think essentially the same, that no one seems to know what their turn signal is for. Idiots. Good thing I no longer have a vehicle (cost), because I'd be one of those awful road rage people.

    As for the dream....No comment on that one. You couldn't pay me to get involved with anyone again. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When i see a car with 'no signals'.. i use those quotes, because obviously the signals COULD be working if they didn't have lazy owners, i always say to myself.. hm.. guess he/she is out of blinker fluid. It must be like windshield washer fluid. REFILL IT, dang it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sis!
    I was so happy with you and my feeling better life.. after that I was started driving my car too fast and other can was just in my car will a bit strach a bit that all my fort only paintiny $2-60 dollars. You are lucky just fittle du thing not happing to your's.
    We are so much in our life in more people... also I like to be back as NSN spaces time...What a lovely time when we has still fantastic our good time.
    Driving to your son's Erich home a bit a long way to driving for you..Oh not too old for you Sis!!
    xoxoxo
    Sis,Katie,Miyuki, and Victoria,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you'd have a real picnic around here. Boston has many wonderful qualities. Courteous drivers are not among them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL- Was the marriage partner perhaps a "wrist driver", too? Funny dream! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a funny dream. And sadly, the drivers are like that here, too. At least you know you have company! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are turn signal theft here, too! And some people must have three or four eyes, because two of their eyes are looking at phone while driving. Scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that was a GOOD one. Wish *I* had thought of that!! Because the texting people are scary as anything I have ever seen on the road.

      Delete
  9. Thankfully, Bill drives his truck with two hands, and I drive my Focus two-handed, too. Keep me posted on wedding plans!! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. will do. But I suspect I will kick "George" to the curb. :-)

      Delete
  10. Add the "signals optional" folks to the "I'm clearly engrossed in my cell phone convo" and you have a recipe for disaster! I've taken to reading people's wheels to get an idea whether they're headed into my lane. Happened yesterday until I honked my horn at her. Driving is exhausting, what with managing other folks driving as well as your own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to swerve to get away from a van half way in my lane!!!

      Delete
  11. For sure! Have had to do that too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hear you girl. They just stop/slow and turn which drives me crazy. You would think the police would be looking into such thievery but it seems as though they have been victims themselves. Then there are those who remember the signal just as their turning. Grrr. Two hands on the wheel at all times is my motto. The one handers scare me.

    Aren't dreams the funniest things. I've had some doozies and wake wonder where did that come from.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmm, was his last name Clooney? Because, if so, just want to warn you that he was in my dream, too, and I can't really remember if there was anything about getting married but, frankly, I didn't care. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. who would? Married or not..I'm yours, George!

      Delete
  14. It is a pet peeve of mine too. I commuted by carpool 30 years and never got used to idiots who couldn;t use turn signals.

    The worst were the ones who only hit the turn signals AFTER they changed lanes. I always wondered about their sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heyyyy, Carol :D First, couldn't agree more but I always wonder where all those extra arms and hands are hidden. We should just send them to N Korea and tell them, "We heard you really needed a hand". Ok, ok.

    I dropped by Katie Isabella's page and I just cannot get over how she looks just like my Lucy! Right down to the half mustache! Ohhh she is the most adorable thing!

    Had to say hi. I was trying to track down old blogging buddies after so many years and now found out that most either quit and just left the blog sitting there for the last years, or completely deleted them. I heard that Face Book really took over and that's where they went. I sure miss the old days. I don't have or do FB so I guess that's it for me. Have to think about whether I want to continue or not. Maybe the cat blog, will think about it. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete