Friday, April 25, 2014

Friday and the Weekend with Camera in Hand I Hope.

A little busy.  Worked out  which felt wonderful and I was glad to get to go, although this was the only day this week.  That's all right though.  It will get better. But I got to do the usual grocery shopping, go to the bank, the post office, paid a zillion dollars for stamps and pennies away from three dollars to mail a tiny padded envelope to WI. He said because it was padded, it became a package, not a letter.  I waited about 15 minutes to mail that envelope.  SIGH.  One person working in there.

Rained to beat the band and rained HARD too for quite a few hours.  Wind was very high.  I did go out afterward and pruned back all the way to the  very base, my dead gardenia bush.   The harsh winter got it this time.  I can't dig in my concrete-like soil so I won't get another until someone can plant it for e and no idea how to get anyone to do that.  I also need my kitchen doorknob replaced but no one to ask to do that either.  I have the money but no one to ask.  No one advertises for that sort of thing..small jobs.  None of my sons knows one end of a screwdriver from another.  So that's not gonna work.  They don't seem to "make" handymen any more.  This is where, when I tell certain friends, that they say " Oh, I do all that kind of work myself.  It's easy."  Well, good for them.  It's not for me.

Heck, I can't even smile and bat my eyes to get some help because there is no one to smile and bat at. :-)

Oh well...burglars..easy mark right here!

Oh, the picture is blown up too large for the header.  I didn't know how it was going to turn out so large via Google till I put it in here.  That's OK.  I will change it tomorrow.

Hey, I'm gone.  See ya soon.  Planning for my trip to Charlotte for Mother's Day.  Cannot wait.

xox






12 comments:

  1. Charlotte sounds like a nice palace to go. I know one end of the screwdriver from the other wish I was there to help you.Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole. That picture at the top is gorgeous (as usual) You are an expert photographer in my view point. A trip to the post office can be very frustrating an sometimes take longer than what it should. But what else is a person to do? You have had a busy week. I'm so happy you have your trip Over the Mountain to look forward to. You need that trip and getaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry we're no closer, my hubby is a real handy man. He keeps us all from paying high fees. Made sure the sons could do it all too. Maybe your lockal hardware store may be able to show you how to do the door knob. I think that pictue is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your header photo. It is beautiful! I am glad you were able to get out and about today! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I too like the header photo. Is it one of yours?
    Doorknob repair, a lost art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just keep looking at the bee he is colorful and so detailed. I had to laugh about the doorknob getting fixed. I am trying to do more of that stuff myself even though I have hubby, just trying to relieve him of some handy mans work as he does alot of house work for me now. I bought a used carpet cleaner this winter at a charity auction and got it home to find out it doesn't work and a belt missing. Well I googled repairs to that model and found a stay at home mom on You-tube that makes how to videos and had a video on taking the darn thing apart and what all to check for. She was down on the floor doing it all. Well I can't do the floor thing so next winter when I get back to Salton Sea I am going to get it outside on a nice work bench and see if I can fix it. I guess for me it is a challenge. I keep look at your title and thinking Friday are you ahead of me and realized it is Friday today. Was a rainy day today so finally catching up with some blog friends and making my rounds. Happy Spring to you..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Header, love the Bee header. See ya when you get back, to bad I don't live close to you, I would help you with your door opener. Love doing that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Workout once a week is great, so much better than none :-)
    Sorry to hear about your doorknob situation. I wouldn't be able to fix that kind of things myself, either. I hope you can somehow find someone who does handyman work.
    The header photo is gorgeous! The bee and flower wear the same yellow/orange color. How cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually very seldom go to our post office...sounds like I'm likely not missing much. It rained here this morning too but at least it's been fairly warm...oh yeah, counting my blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are busy! Enjoy your weekend, and Spring, with camera! ~xo~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting dilemma . . . no handymen! I can relate! Can also relate to the death of favorite garden plants (only two of seven roses survived the ice this winter and the hydrangea seems scared to make an appearance). Life goes on, right? xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cost of postage stamps have gone up again here in my part of the world cost us 70 cents to post a letter now I can remember when it was only 25 cents.

    ReplyDelete