Thursday, May 29, 2014

Happy Birthday First Son

This is, as are all my children's birthdays, a momentous day!  You likely already know how I feel about my children, and having the privilege of their being in my life, as I have written about it each birthday as it came along.

It was a cold day with the windows open in the delivery room as I lay shivering occasionally while waiting for my boy to appear! This happened to have been in Europe while my husband and I were there.   The tree leaves were only in bud form that May 29th.  A brisk but sunny day.

And the memory of that sun and my son that day have been in my heart since.  Today is the anniversary of the first son to come my world and forever effect how I see it.  He and the others are the best gifts I have ever been given.  Today I celebrate that first treasured and loved son.  He has been through a great deal and I as well as my and his friends have stood with him shoulder to shoulder while he traveled a hard road.

Happy joyful Birthday dear dear son.  Many more to come.

Here's to another sunny day with your brothers and your friends.  LOVE those sunglasses!  :-) Happy Bird watching too.




14 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your eldest son. We hope he has a wonderful day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your eldest bot - he looks very cool in his shades.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your son , Lovely picture
    Hugs Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your son! A big Hug for him!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy happy happy birthday to your son!! I wish him a wonderful day!
    Love the picture - he looks so handsome and cool in his sunglasses :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to your son. Hugs, xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, we love this post, and that picture is just wonderful. Happy birthday to your eldest son, Carole. And yes, many, many more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome photo of your boys when they were young. Have a great birthday oldest son.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to your son!I it was lovely boys all the time!
    I reminer in my memory forever his lovely one.
    xoxoxo
    Sis,Katie, miyuki and victoria,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  10. A happiest birthday to your son and to you!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rosemary here:
    Happy Birthday to both of you.
    They say there is a special place in Heaven for a mother of three boys.... but I think you were given good boys. They look sweet and happy.
    I must receive your blog emails late, Today is Friday and I just got this.
    Well... I am sure the party was wonderful on Wednesday, and that your big boy made it back home with a big happy smile to last him through the whole year!

    bonks and bronks from the boys.
    It is chilly here this morning, in the house. both fellas are still up stairs in their heated beds, in their own rooms (to guard us from nighttime mischief) refusing to get out.... so silly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday from here in the Montana sticks! Love that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are late to the party. A belated Happy birthday to number one son. That picture is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete