Friday, May 16, 2014

OK...What's the Deal?

I bought this while gone

Here is a numbered plate I was given for Mother's Day along with flowers and papers to grade. 


Here I was coming out of a grocery store and the woman and her baby who were behind me came out as well.  The temperature is 49 degrees, there is a light rain and the wind is very brisk.  But while you the mother wear a sweeter, your baby girl, about 6 months old maybe, is in a pair of shorts and a baby T shirt.  There she went out into the cold rainy wind with baby in her arms.  Lady, WHY?????

Just saying'.

Had a wonderful Mother's Day with my son who is in Charlotte.  I just put all my concerns on a table here at home and left without them.  I had a fabulous time while there.  I got to go to several of my favorite places but I bought very little.

One of my favorite places is a higher end consignment store.  I can hardly help getting something small.  There is beautiful furniture in there too...and HIGH prices.  :-)

Here are flowers son gave me
Here is MY share of the stack of homework to help him grade
Look at this.  Got to be from the 50's. Consignment store.

12 comments:

  1. I *love* that print you bought, or whatever it is -- first photo. The kind of thing I would gravitate to. :-)

    I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful gifts you got for Mother's Day! The plate with kitty picture is adorable! Beautiful flower.....and paper to grade :-)
    I hope the baby you saw at the grocery store won't catch cold. It's been weirdly chilly for a few days here. A little break from heat...so I'm enjoying it :-) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a word for a mother like that and it is not printable. What in the world was she thinking?

    Your Mother's Day weekend sounds wonderful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. No intelligence is required for breeding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Beth..just so not right what young mothers do these days with their children. What in the world was SHE thinking??? Hope your days are bright and rain free. Xo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful furniture and high prices go together often I'd say ;) Glad you had a good visit. I feel the need to get away from it all again but such will no be for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the plates you received for Mother's Day and the pretty print. Glad you had a wonderful day. oh I love that little phrase .
    Enjoy your weekend
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you went carefree & had a nice time. Bill was in Charlotte when you were. Stella & I will be out with him in June, though I have no idea where. I love your cat plate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sis!
    While you for the Mothers day a sweetes day with your son who is in cherioyye. you just put all your concemson table in home.
    One of your favarite is a higher and conringnment store you a getting just small, Have a nice weekend!
    xoxoxo
    Sis,Katie,Miyuki,and Victoria,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the botanical print (always a favorite!) and the adorable plate. As for the so-called mother, even if she had nothing to put the child in, she could have bundled her in her own sweater. I realize we never know what trials others are facing but there might well have been an alternative to what you saw.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah many times I have seen a baby in clothes that don't match the weather and have thought what on earth was the person who dressed the baby thinking

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I liked the plant art. The cat art was a bit kitchy, but I have some too and if you like what you choose, that's fine. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I'm sure I have some stuff I like that others would cringe at seeing.

    I loved the 1950s radio. It reminds me of when I was about 14 and discovered the classical and broadway music that my mother loved so much and I came to love also.

    We would listen to new broadway plays on her similar small kitchen radio when I got home from school and write down the lyrics as best we could. We even sang them together: West Side Story, CamelotTenderloin, Sound of Music, etc.

    But because it was in the kitchen, I also helped out as we listened to the radio Broadway songs. That's where I learned the basics of cooking. I never regretted that either.

    Learning to mash potatoes and make tossed salads is not the worst start in learning to feed yourself. All cooking starts from the basics.

    And cooking for myself is one of the best things I ever learned.



    ReplyDelete