Monday, June 2, 2014

OH, I'm so proud of me!

You know why?  No?  Because I FINALLY went to work and got all the shredding done.  We are talking months worth and the situation was exacerbated by the fact that there were 400 mis-printed personal checks that also needed to be shredded.  I emptied that can three times.  BIG ol' bag of shreds out there in the trash.  But I procrastinated so long.  Each time I saw that horrid pile of papers etc I groaned inside and pledged to do it.  Well, I finally did!!

Last week I tackled the linen closet in two stages.  I have a long table that I set up and I put all the sheets etc on one end and all the towels and hand towels, wash cloths, dish towels and hand towels all on the other end.  I culled out the old and pilled and picked ones and put them in a leaf and lawn bag for the animals at the shelter along with two cotton blankets that came with my son each time he was unloaded from the ambulance several years ago.  They need blankets too.  The personnel can cut them to their preferred size.

I sure have more room in the closet now.  That is essentially what drove me to cleaning it out...that and the animals needed it.  I got rid of some sheet sets that were ew-glee too.  Especially twin sets.  The shelter does not want those. I pitched 'em.  I bought the dogs and cats each a case of Purina One foods and last week I took kitten food and milk and some nursing bottles in.

Closet cleaned up..shredding down, bathroom cleaned again, all the vacuuming done..hey, the girl's got game.

Thank you for putting up with my three a year celebrations of my grown up men sons.  I am that proud of having them.  And Mother's Day and Father's day are equally family (of course) oriented.  Fair warning.  That's six times a year I get all mushy.

Okey doke.  Done.  Just wanted to brag about the shredding. Yes, yes, I know..keep up with it.






22 comments:

  1. Such tasks really seem daunting at times. Proud of you girl. Now I just have to get my rear in gear and do the same. I bet the shelter just loves to see you heading in the door with your bundles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosemary B here:
    I am proud of you too! Well done and well done indeed.
    I don't know where to start here.my whole house over the past year has turned into an explosion of clutter
    I am hoping once mom and dad are at the retirement place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubbs and I can work on one room at a time. Right now, our task looks daunting but we will get it done. One lesson I learned from the past year is don't leave this stuff for you kids to clean up.
      Bonks from my kittyboys

      Delete
    2. Bronks too.
      I have to keep restarting a comment because my iPad gets buggy. And won't type hahaha
      Happy Tuesday

      Delete
  3. Good for you for the shredding!

    Mine was so out of hand, had so many years of tax returns, etc. to get rid of, that I had a local shredding company back in April. Thirty pounds, and about $7 to have it done, taxes included. Absolutely worth the few dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I applaud your "just get 'er done!" attitude. Procrastination is my enemy (as I look down at my shredder full of documents to be shredded). I keep promising to do it. Maybe your attitude of accomplishment will flow this way? I hope so. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tons of papers that I need to send to be shredded, too. And I do need to clean my closet! Oh you must be so proud of yourself to get that done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I can relate to shredding and or not shredding mail. I may be sitting in the sun on a charming little island at the moment but I have a big ol' bag of shreadble stuff waiting for me when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the shredding and the closet cleaning. I have shredding i need to do too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you! I still haven't unpacked from BlogPaws! And don't even get me started on the basement mess...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I am truly impressed! You have been a busy little bee! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sis!
    I know you has each time pile of papers and traklld liren closed all on the other end..But one thing a good one is a your son and all family situation has excerbated and of couse lovely Katie's was happy for you Sis!
    Today I don't have my golfing for too much to walking with raining day.
    I love you so much in my harts such a long time years.ha ha
    Hugs to you love always!
    xoxoxo
    Sis.katie.and Victoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  11. All that shredding and cleaning truly is something to brag about. Congrats!!
    I have filing and shredding and sorting on my endless list, too--LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I sympathize with you on the shredding. We had put it off for a long time and finally got to it...it's a lot of work but that said it is also kind of addicting like popping bubble wrap!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm proud of you too. Now come do mine. LOL. Congrats on getting it done. hugs, xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sis!
    I still looking for a lovely your letter to me...
    What you said Half of those kilometers was done by driving the ocean over to se you,Oh my golf clits got all salty and crusty last time I drove I was going to play gold with you and your japanese friends.
    I will remember from you Sis! Thank you so much all way from your home.
    Love and Hugs!
    xoxoxo
    Sis.Katie.Miyuki and Victoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been reorganizing the house too. Not in the same way exactly, but with the same effort. And I know how it feels odd to do it.

    Personally, I an collecting 40 years of odd gifts (do you have a pressed wood bear?), old large bamboo steamers, several way too large woks, and wall art you wouldn't display in the garage?

    I've never held a yard sale in my life, but I'm planning one. But for the price of sale, I might just donate a WHOLE lot to Salvation Army and save myself the trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Parabéns! Era muito trabalho.
    Eu ainda finjo que não vejo algumas coisas que precisam serem feitas hehehe
    Adri

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sis!
    I love your calander send me the America The shredding me for this years one. This year I was sent for you Australia one OK?
    Love and Hugs!
    xoxoxo
    Sis.Katie.miyuki.and Victoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on getting those two chores done. I have a stack of paperwork sitting on the corner of my desk that I need to shred. Thank you so much for thinking about the shelter, they never have enough towels and food is always much appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi I agree shredding is always put off, I have been doing that since March / 2013 ha! good for you well done .
    Hugs Sheila x

    ReplyDelete