Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Not a Fun Evening But Necessary

This is a good thing coming up for me but I have had to drag myself for two years kicking and screaming to doing it.  I just had to give up and face that I had to have a sleep study and so tonight I will go sleep there at the facility all wired up and looked at by the folks who attend the camera until they allow me to leave in the morning.  Sigh.  I am trying to remember to take a bottle of water that I can refill from the sink in the private bathroom.  They have nothing for the individual and warn you to bring something to snack on etc.

I detest being looked at while I am so vulnerable.  Not like it's a husband who has the right.  But I am paying some stranger to do so supposedly for my safety.  I think I understood several years ago when I was going to do this and chickened out two days before going in to actually sleep that it also protects them against slander or whatever as well if a tech has to come in for some reason and a patient makes up some silly story to other.  Makes complete sense there.

Can I sleep without making the entire bed but the very edge where I can sleep,  available for a cat to take over?  Is it possible to sleep without a 11 pounder hot hot cat on my chest?  Only the Shadow knows.

So at 2000 hrs I will be there being wired up and trying to go to sleep.   I know I have apnea so it's a no brainer but this is the only way I can get the CPAP machine of course.

I now FINALLY have my new main door to the kitchen installed and the new screen door.   The chocolate color of the door matches the trim and shutters on my house perfectly.  The color of the screen door matches my siding perfectly.  I have a good eye for color as I just declared those were it while at Home Depot.  Now I will go and clean the glass and try to get the label off the glass.

xxoo




17 comments:

  1. Ugh, good luck! It's been suggested that I be tested for sleep apnea, but no way would I go to a sleep lab, so I'm impressed you're brave enough to finally go through with it. Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim. I just dread it. But I don't want to wake up dead and I think I do stop breathing lots.

      Delete
  2. Good morning Sis! I dont understand was what about your 're brave was not right?
    I need to talke to with Katie tonight> and you!
    Sis.Katie,miyuki,and Victoria,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may address any questions and concerns to me, your twin, having been there and done that. I would love to talk to you tomorrow to find out how it went. HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will try and it may be evening. The guy to put the alarm sensor back in the doorway will be here and the door installer too to put in a new striker plate for the deadbolt. AND I have hair like Medusa snakes from that horrid paste with the sensors!

      Delete
  4. Those labels are the dickens to clean off new doors! Hope you were successful. Also, I hope the sleep study tonight will give the answers you need. Sweet dreams. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. We sure hope everything goes well tonight, Carole. The sleep study is a big step in getting you to a place where you can sleep consistently and well. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not entirely sure what you are going through, but I sure do wish you a good wired-up sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My boss has apnea and been to sleep study. I think he got the machine you mentioned. I hope you get some sleep there and it'll help you have good night sleeps!

    ReplyDelete

  8. Rosemary B here: Oh bummers
    My DAD just got a gadget from his new doctor here in Virginia where I live and they are living here too ya know.
    It is a Unimonitor You take it home and put it on and sleep. it is 90% reliable. It is called an ARES monitor or something like that.
    That is all I do now, take the rents to doctors and listen and ask questions and take them home and explain the whole thing. .....The Twins....
    Shoulda Coulda Woulda
    I hope the study went well.
    I love you Carole. More than you know

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope the test goes well, and that it goes quickly. It is amazing how many people have sleep apnea. I think Chloe Jo might have it. She literally catnaps around the clock, mere minutes at a time. ~xoxo~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm rather ambiguous about sleep labs. How to analyze normal sleep patterns under such conditions? I pray it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. keep the snoring down..... you may wake them up.... heh

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have had a number of sleep studies done and I can tell you what I really hated was the not being able to drink tea or coffee or hot chocolate or soft drink and not being able to eat chocolate the having things stuck all over my head didn't bother me much and I didn't bother having a shower there in the morning I just came home and had a hot shower

    ReplyDelete