Saturday, July 5, 2014

Saturday and Ear Worms


I can NOT get "I'll Fly Away" out of my mind for a WEEK now.  A friend in the UK mentioned it in an email...it immediately started playing in my poor brain and it still is.  HE and his family are also infected and his daughter and he had a duet just this day singing it as close to a Southern accent as they could muster.  How I wish I could have been there.

I start not to think of it and he or his sister will mention it--perhaps that they were singing or playing it and wham!  I am infected again.

I almost got started with "In the Sweet By and By" simultaneously but I was spared.  Ear worms!


Go to your prayers and there is a song playing...sigh... BUT you eventually get the better of it till someone mentions is AGAIN! 

Meanwhile, another absolutely perfect sunny not too warm and not humid day.  High 50's at night for two nights.  That will end now but my, it was good while it lasted.

xxoo


11 comments:

  1. I love that song so I guess I will have it as an ear worm now. Thanks! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosemary B here:
    I am glad you had a nice Saturday. It is back to the hots here today.
    The humidity should arrive shortly after.
    Stay cool o_o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes a song plays in my head and won't stop. And usually the song I don't like. It's hard to stop it!
    We had nice cool evenings and mornings, too :-) Have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live with constant earworms. If it isn't 'Afternoon Delight', it's some commercial jingle, then some song from 'Hair", 'Camelot', or any Neil Diamond song. The worst is anything by Wayne Newton. 'Daay Don't You Walk So Fasy', 'Tie A Yellow Ribbon (Around The Old Oak Tree)'.

    Etc, and Etc and etc.

    I have to keep the TV or radio on all day just to keep them away. But at nigh trying to sleep, THEY COME FOR ME. Bwa-ha-ha-ha...

    Sad...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that song! Thanks for stopping by the study blog and leaving a comment - you made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ear worms will get you every time! Sometimes something playing on the clock radio when I first wake up sticks in there ALL day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sis!
    You has beautiful roese in garden you must working hard Yes I do understand with you! I wondering I listen to evely note time goes slower when they till me.
    We has only raining day for long time...
    You nevea wanted coming to see me in here..Gypsy was other people's home now untill Andrew's family's home soon.
    xxoo Sis,Katie,Miyuki and Victoria,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sis!
    What is wrong in here I thought coming see you in here few days ago?
    Have a nice day!
    Sis Katie,miyuki,and Victoria,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Header Rose's so beautiful.
    One Day I'll Fly Away , that is a lovely song if it's the one I'm thinking of.

    ReplyDelete