Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Poet in Me.

Roses are Red

Violets are Blue

Can you guess

Who's Not gonna do

That again!

My word.  Bless my heart!  That was the most awful night ever as far as trying to sleep was concerned.  I raised my arm once it was dark  the lights were out there in the sleep study room and I heard the intercom pop as it blazed into being with a "Keep still."

I described on Face Book what I looked like last night, all night and this morning was searingly bad!  My hair I had stated on FB looked like dreadlocks from all the sensor fixative all over my scale to hold the fifty million sensors on.  I will post one selfie I took of what the tech jokingly called my "necklace" that draped around my neck.  All the rest were on my face, legs and my chest and back for an EKG.

It's worth it though if it helps anyone.  Just a night of discomfort is a small price to pay.  I have to wait a for several week to hear the results.

That small flesh colored blob lower left is my arm.

 Here is the camera.  Very disconcerting.





5 comments:

  1. Sounds like the folks running the study center that night were going out of their way to be rather unpleasant. Too bad considering that you need this study done well and thoughtfully to receive the CPAP and get the settings right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosemary b here:
    Hey Carole, that was not fun.
    I hope the tests prove you need the machine. That will be fun
    With Katieflowerblossompants sleeping right close to you, her sleep apnea, real or imagined, will be relieved too.
    That camera is creeepy. They really could have made this a lot less intimidating.
    Ask your doc about the ares machine. I am interested to see how dad's study went before I go nuts wacky true believer though.
    Love to you dear.
    Happy 3rd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank heaven that is over! I pray the results are all good news...and that you won't need to repeat this! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank heaven that is over! I pray the results are all good news...and that you won't need to repeat this! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How does one possible expect to get proper results under those sleeping conditions. Well at least you got that hurdle over with.

    ReplyDelete