Sunday, November 16, 2014

My Two Smiles For the Week just passed

The first thing I wanted to share was me walking with my son down the endless hallways of UT Medical Center last week from his surgeon's office. 

 We came upon a mom and her baby girl toddling along (baby, not Mom) and the little girl had a charming little pink pacifier in her mouth just twirling!  As we each approached the another, the little girl who was just about as tall as her mom's knees waved that little starfish shaped hand at me.  Just like the Queen of England does...side to side, but with tiny fingers spread out.  Looking straight at my face.  I was enchanted!!!! Made my day!

The other thing was last week on Sunday a toddler, maybe two, in her pink dress and pink hair bow (just out of church I bet)...was being shepherded by her grandpa in the pharmacy part of the store.  He was following her as she walked or lurched really, about.  I got my toothpaste purchase in hand and made my way back to the main aisle through to the store's front area and there she stood!  A bottle of pink Pepto Bismol in her right hand, it pressed against her ear.  She had her eyes rolled up, mouth slightly open and her feet slightly crossed, and in deep concentration absorbed in her "phone call". 

I heard her grandfather say "where's Amy?" and the mom said "she's talkin' on her phone!"  Oh it was so funny to see her ernest face and that stance! Made my Sunday afternoon.

Just sayin'

11 comments:

  1. Those are for sure smile makers. When you experience something as neat as that, you entire day is great. Leave it to ahold ren to brighten our day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder which Pepto Bismol call tariff she was on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can imagine those lovely children gave you a big smile :-)
    Phone call on Pepto Bismol is so cute and funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! The latest phone! I have to have one! Imagine, talking, texting or taking care of an upset stomach. Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww...this was sweet! Thanks for that! ~xoxo~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet imagery. Thank you for sharing these wonderful experiences, Carole. They made me smile, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, children can make our days so much brighter. hugs, xo

    ReplyDelete