Sunday, December 21, 2014

Picture it...Tennessee, 2014, December....

Picture me who is so vain of her hair, (now keep that in mind).  Here I am, trying to take down the rubber banded plastic baggie full of CLR shower head cleaner from my shower head this early morning. Well firstly, it, the CLR, spilled all over my hand and arm and certainly it spilled down into the fiberglass tub (which doesn't want certain irritants on it).  But I got it loose finally, thrown away and I wanted to flush the tub of that stuff and make the shower head clear of CLR.  

So what did I do?  Why, I turned on the shower.  What happened?  It sprayed all over my punkin head which was still in the tub area as I was manipulating the faucets.

I had shampooed and set my hair yesterday, brushed it out (it's long) had it in a knot on my head till I finished cleaning house. It was gonna be pretty for today.  Not. I had once again experienced the Drenched Head Syndrome. 

I have done that same bone headed stunt probably five or six times in my memory.  I guess it's the "she'll never learn" department.  I laughed for a few minutes and tried to get on with my day. 

xxoo



15 comments:

  1. Oh dear! Is your shower attachment on a hose with a bracket? Can it be unscrewed? That might be a less hazardous way to descale it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simba...I'm skeert of taking the shower head off. It's a standard shower head sticking out up there. I think of you two every time I clean the tub and surround though as your suggestion about that portable shower head on a long flexible hose was a back saver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a ho ho.... n chuckle from lil toes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha...sorry for laughing, but it's because I've been there. I don't know what I was thinking, turning on shower while I was cleaning the tub. Should have known water would come pouring on the head :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have done that I think it is a normal thing to do:) You do have nice hair. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my you are Hoot! Jolly day I see.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you didn;t get that in your face! That is a really bad chemical! Glad you are okay! ~xo~

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sound just like me. Merry Christmas sweet friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooops!! Not sure what CLR is, but if it's supposed to clean the shower head, then I expect it can remove black heads, pimples and a layer or two of skin!! Lucky escape! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sis!
    I'am very happy with your keep that your mind. If whilh doesn't want certain irsilants on it ..Don't do that happining but When I can helping you too...
    Have a wonderful time to Yum coffee !
    xxooxxoo
    Sis,katie,Miyuki,and Victoria,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am probably fortunate to have soft water here. 28 years and I've never HAD to do the CLR thing. I did once a few years ago and it had no effect. And I never drowned my hair in the stuff. Not that it would matter much. Its short, straight, and limp to begin with.

    But I can imagine how annoying that would be.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that pic of you Twin! Beautiful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. My daughter tried to adjust the shower head in her new house and the damn thing broke off in her hand so no showers till she has it replace thankfully she has a bath as well

    ReplyDelete
  14. Better that it was in your hair than in your face! CLR is pretty rough stuff! Glad it all turned out okay. :)

    ReplyDelete