Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Where Have I Been

No idea.  Time slips away so quickly.  The ol' I just got up even though it is daybreak and I have turned around maybe two times, lo...it's bed time!  How do the hours pass so quickly?

The count down to Christmas morning is getting louder and louder.  I had better wrap the gifts I have here and see what is missing if anything.  I have a baby grandson to get things for although he won't know it.  Makes me happy.

I dropped by last weekend with another of my sons here from Charlotte and saw the progress on the baby's room.  I can see they will need a larger home.  Sad in a way from my standpoint as they are so easily gotten to now.

I am practicing not using so many commas.  I was  educated far better than I show when I blog.  I forgot some important principles and I asked my son who is a teacher for some quick advice on when to hold off inserting a comma.  Now I can mostly have run-on sentences instead of fifteen commas per sentence as well.

Oh my goodness!  A speck of sun.  It's been raining and/or gray steadily for days and is scheduled to continue in that way for the rest of the week and weekend.  That's the way it is here where I live.  So much rain.  Last year we were a foot or perhaps  more than over a foot I think of rain to the plus side.

Just saying'.

Within an hour I will be headed to the restaurant where we all gather, those working and those retired to make noise and create auditory discomfort among the unsuspecting other diners there as we converge.  Can't wait.

So long until tomorrow (someone famous once said.






14 comments:

  1. Oh enjoy that time with friends and send your son over those commas get me every time:) HUG B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun and make loads off "auditory discomfort" with your friends! BTW, I saw some kitty marshmallows this morning - perfect for hot cocoa. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned English writing, but I forgot some principles, too.
    I hope you'll have a wonderful time at the restaurant. Love the header...Katie san in a coffee cup :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the gathering. Love the coffee kitty cup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, never, use, commas, ,,,,,, ,,,, ! or exclamation marks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you had a wonderful time with your old friends,
    I never know when to use a comma. :-) xoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. We hope you had a most wonderful time with your friends, Carole. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes, I think, using commas is a forgotten art. Not that I'm obsessive about them, I think. And what about semi-colons; who uses THEM?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope they find a house still easy for you to reach.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sis!
    I really all way enjoyed of the coffee cup also your teacher son will help some advice to hold off inserting a comma.
    you has so much rain for last year..but you has beautiful of photos.
    xxooxxoxox
    Sis,Katie,Miyuki,and Victoria,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  11. GUILTY..I use wayyyy too many commas that is for sure. Sometimes I just hit the wrong key and forget about it thinking it is a period. Funny my days are dragging by, I look at the clock and wish it later than it is. Maybe I never got used to the time change. We have had quite a bit of sun lately, I love it!!
    Hope your week goes well. Take care

    ReplyDelete