Friday, January 2, 2015

Another Chance to Get it Right.

We all of us have been granted another year.  More time we hope, to do the right thing whatever that means to each individual.  I know what it means to me personally.  I shall let those things remain with me for now.

If for you it is opportunity missed and that regretted,  then here is another year to create more opportunity to accomplish that which is important to you.   Don't be as it is written, "a sluggard in the race".  The meaning of this can be found in Proverbs 26:16 although it will be phrased  differently and explained more thoroughly than I have done here of course.  Regardless of the origin of this phrase, the meaning is still of particular import.  Do not be a sluggard in the race.  Whatever it is you hope to accomplish this new and promising year will remain unrealized if one simply waits on whatever it is that might perhaps motivate them.

It took years for me to look beyond the everyday survival tactics and see past my figurative nose what needs to be done.  I took up the so-called cudgels and worked hard as I could to change errors of my thinking as best I could.  I am referring to the "I can't" I won't" "It's too hard"  "It's not amusing"  and all the other human excuses I could summon. More than that but that will remain with me as it would be even more boring to you if I wrote it all out here.

I am still a sluggard in the race most of the time but I have improved.  I hope if you need to act on something, do something, gain something for yourself or for your family....something vitally important to your life while you are here in it; please do it.

Happy New Year dear friends.








12 comments:

  1. Many wishes to you for good health and happiness in 2015! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too Carole! I know what you mean. I can rationalize so very many things. But 2015 is a clean slate, and I'm going to do the very best I can do. Big hug! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosemary here:
    well. happy new year to you.
    Yes indeed. Life is fleeting.
    I wrote my 2014 new years resolutions on my huge bathroom mirror over my sink last year. I just changed the year to 2015.
    I will just keep doing every thing at the same time. Some of it eventually is finished.
    Love always

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year! 2014 was kind of "just do it, life is short" year for me and I continue to do so :-) Like you said, do something important to life while we are here in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes another new year another chance to either make the most of the year or fall flat on our face and end up with a concussion or is that just me who does think like that

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good advice Carole. If something is really important to me and my family, I do believe I get right on it. If, however, it isn't important, I can put things off with the best of them. Sometimes we all need a "boot in the read" to get moving on things. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year, Carole. This is such a terrific and important message! The new year really does bring another opportunity to do the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is another year to do better. People, gardens, helping others...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every best wish for your happiness and health this year! xoxo Patty & Bhu

    ReplyDelete
  10. HappyNew year! Do not be a sluggard in the race. What ever it is you hope to accomplish this new and promising year wil remain.
    My figurative nose hat needs to be done. someting vitally to you life while you are here in it please do it,
    Sis,katie,miyuki,and Victoria,
    xxooxx
    Michiko
    Sis,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post, yes I have a few things I must correct this Year. Some family members I just don't get to see as much as I would like. It saddens me at times , I must put my foot firmly down and make the first move.
    Happy New Year lovely lady.
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully written! Such a wonderful action plan to carry you through the new year.

    ReplyDelete