Friday, September 25, 2015

Terrific Friday

Today is a special day for which I am grateful.  My birthday.  I am a squillion years old now.  Or as I persist in saying "39 again". (And again and again and again and... etc.)  So, I just got the first of five phone calls from a classroom over the mountains in Charlotte NC.  My son who teaches 7th grade asks the kids if they want to sing happy birthday to Mama S. (me)  If they all agree and it has to be all, my son will fire up his cell phone and the kids will sing Happy Birthday to me.  This occurs five times each birthday.  It's a thrill and I love it. They all agreed  to do so for the 0840 class. I have four more coming if they all want to, in the next classes throughout the day.  I've seldom had a better reason to remain home in the day, don't you think?


Well, Donkey, who is a friend of Katie was operated on yesterday and he is feeling oh! so much better.  Whew.  What drama we had until he came out of surgery what with his broken back and all.  His innards were spilling out too and Dr. Mom had a time of it getting him set to rights again.  BUT all is well and he re-joined us last night but on the floor.  I guess he wasn't up to be carried into the bed by his thirteen pound mistress.  His stitches are uneven but sturdy.  He'll be good for many more carries into the bedroom.

I feel great, and  I took a good brisk walk yesterday.  Not the first one I have done recently, but the most brisk.  It was gorgeous out and I loved every minute.  My Fitbit was pleasantly surprised as well.





Hope all is well where you are today!  Would it help if I insist on that?  ❤


20 comments:

  1. A very happy birthday, Carole! What a great thing, to have the kids sing to you! I hope all the remaining four classes do it. :-)

    Take care and treat yourself to something special today, just for YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy happy birthday Carole and I for one am so very happy to know you are here celebrating!!!! This indeed is God's blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday blessings to you, dear Carole! Sounds like you're having a splendid day. Virtual hugs (and kitty kisses from Nik) shipped express to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 39th, Carole! I think both you and I have run out of digits to count as I always say I'm "29 and holding"! So glad you took Fitbit out for some air! Super pic, hugs Caro xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY Birthday!! Love the phone calls from the kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Sis!
    Happy Birthday to you 39 it ok next one is 40..sum people all 50,we need to wold had with our body Sis! Do you remember two years ago yours son's nighborhood when you call phone rang and that was ready sing Happy Birthday to you, This year was still great yours for you NO COUGH only we thinking about Beth.. Do you like to go a good place along the river..like to go a good place along the river,being a bottle of black opal and enjoy..good memories of family.
    Your exporation into photgraphy can your camlra will very nice Sis!
    xxxooxx
    Sis,Kayie,Miyuki,and Victoria,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy unspecified anniversary of your 39th birthday! At least it only comes once a year... But ON that day, it should be celebrated. A whole bottle of a good wine sounds about right. And some dark chocolate...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley FUR SHURE!!!!

      Delete
  8. OMG CAROLE!!!! I didn't know yesterday was your birthday! Hoping it was magnificent! Happy Happy Belated Birthday! You are a Libra like me!! Oh and about a "squillion years old?" I am turning a ZILLION years old next month. Can't even wrap my head around the number
    xoxo
    catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday! I remember reading a post about your son and his class singing song for you :-) Such a sweet birthday present!
    I'm so glad Donkey's surgery went well :-) I hope he gets carried to bed tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you got out and you are pushing ahead.
    Doing surgery even.
    I have been nuts crazy busy. It is nice to have pretty days.
    Happy Snappy Birthday, Carole. You are 39, I am too.
    My daughter just turned 30. My mom and dad are both 92.
    I am somewhere (really) in between there, I mean if you are counting by numbers and all/
    Happy Week-end.
    All is well here too. Pierro is on IBD meds and finally gaining some weight. Miles is Miles.
    Isn't it wonderful to be loved? You are!!♥️

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy you had a nice birthday today. How blessed we are to have you feeling well and doing okay this year. Hugs and cheers for your special day! XOXO Sis

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated birthday!!! You have the same birthday as Sammy's Mom, Pam. My Mom is a Libra too- must be why I get along so well with you and Pam. Katie is not going to be happy with you if she finds out you told us her weight- I won't tell her. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish you everything that you wish for. I hope this is your best year yet. I hope your package arrives safely. ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you had a bloody great birthday, I love my birthday it means I have been alive another year enjoying life and loving my family I do not mind telling people how old I am, my grandmother, however, would never tell people how old she was when asked she would say inside I am still 21 and that is all that matters

    ReplyDelete
  15. And I have missed yet another birthday greeting! Sending you wishes for many more happy birthdays! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your cloud photos, mostly because I know cloud formations make you happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy belated birthday Carole...I do hope your day was a happy one, a fun filled one and you got to do something YOU enjoyed.....as the tabbies always say, and here's to a year ahead filled with happiness & health ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Carole, I'm not sure how we missed this post! Happy belated birthday, dear friend! It sounds like it was a wonderful day. Love and hugs to you, and wishes for many, many more birthdays yet to come. :)

    ReplyDelete