Tuesday, October 6, 2015

16 Years Old Today!

That's what I was.  Sixteen years old all day long from the time I went to work out  this morning till this minute.  I have not laughed that hard and so many times, just as hard each time, as I laughed today.  Most of them  were moments that "you'd have to be there" to appreciate...maybe.  But it started with a dear friend having come over for lunch and beyond.

I made sandwiches, she brought a dessert she made and after having lunch, off we went to the store because the blender, a cheapie I had bought months ago was not going to really work for what I wanted it for.  So...enter part one of my, hers and my adventures today.

 We took off to the store and saw the 'no cruising' sign posted where we parked  This was one of those "you'd have to be there" ones, but I expressed sadness and disappointed feelings as I  told my friend I had every intention of asking her if she wanted to cruise the parking lot with me because I sure had it in mind!  (not)  We were already laughing hard when we got out of the car and all the way to and through the doors.

We calmed and went for her to get a skein of wool and for us to choose a more appropriate device with which to make my would-be smoothies rather than what I had.

There was more tear making laughter as we were walking through the aisles and one ridiculous situation or scrap of conversation  after another would strike our funny bones and we'd stand there laughing hard with tears flowing from our eyes the way me and my girl friends did as teens and young moms, one with the other laughing our silly heads off. One more regret voiced by me as we went back to the vehicle that we couldn't cruise the parking lot with loud laughter from the two of us--- and we came back here to the house.

Then we washed out the container for the smoother maker and I poured in some milk, some blueberries, a few sweeteners, and 2/3's cup of ice cubes.  I followed directions and pressed  down on the container to start it the way you're supposed to.  Nothing happened.  I said "Nothing happened" so my friend commenced trying.  Nothing happened.  We put our backs into it by turns, and still nothing happened until simultaneously we saw at the same time that it wasn't plugged in.  I swear, we were BENT over laughing and I had to get the tissue box for us to wipe our eyes and blow our noses.  My belly hurts and this IS the best day I have had in a LONG time.

Smoothie turned out well.  I will be PLUGGING the smoothies maker in and trying more each day.

What a great day! I sure could have used it.  It's great when you have someone that you march in lock step with on opinions usually, and that you can share all manner of thoughts without concerns.

Still smiling!

XXOO


14 comments:

  1. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜€πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸŒΌ

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic, carefree day full of laughter! Days like this one are simply the best medicine for whenever ails you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to be funny and put in a bunch of smiley faces, that didn't work on iPad.

    I agree, laughter is the best medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your post made me feel so happy! It's really wonderful to have out of control laugh and even better when you share it with someone :-) The smoothie maker incident made me laugh out loud, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE days like that! It just makes life worth living. Smoothies and unplugged machines are just the icing on the funny cake on days like that. I have a friend that I end up feeling almost sick from laughing so much when we spend time together. Glad you have one like that, too. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful day with a wonderful friend! We all need times like that in our lives. Keeps us smiling for days, sometimes months.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd say you two are probably a danger to shipping .... or at least cruisers!! ;) You had a day filled with what we ladies of a certain age in the UK call "tena moments"! We want more from Carole unplugged! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The world is a pretty funny place to adventure around in...
    I went to Walmart and had a few chortles in the ladies department.
    I am so glad you over dosed on laughing today

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMEN I hear you Sis.. I have four friends that I am the same way with..we just get right back into the "Young OLE Days " when we get together. There is nothing in the world like a friend who will go the distance with you and back again. SO SO happy you are having a good autumn. Prayers to you..
    Sis..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Sis!
    Sixteen years old you had so much things...Yous life happy time with everything writting of your girl friends parking with your car and lovely some blueberries with few Sweeteners and ice cubes. you cant followed with your friends so many nothing happned of cause it wash't plugged in ha ha..it was nice your belly hurts here on from anytimes Dear Sis!
    More on 20 years not wrongs..Sis....Today I had plaing golf with my friend and your having cup of tea with kitties ...
    Wow! The pain,The disresped your to go take a nap now then you will take to your bed.you had to allow this in your own home.
    Have a lovely time ..I will be see you tonight....
    xxxoox
    Sis.Katie.Miyuki and Victoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a bloody great day to be had, the type of day that makes us feel so good inside

    ReplyDelete
  12. there is nothing like "GIRL" time!!!!!!! Too bad you didn't get to "cruise!!" lol!
    xoxo
    catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that really does sound like a wonderful, happy and carefree day! Glad you were able to be 16 again, Carole. :)

    ReplyDelete