Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Happy Days Are Here Again

My sciatica or whatever in the world it was is about gone.  I was able to go to the store 2 times today after therapy where I swear she tried to annihilate me.  (Via hard hard hard gouging massage).  I had electro stim therapy too and the ultra sound therapy as well at the point on my, um, well, sit-down area up at the top  where the sciatic nerve is, and also on the IT band at  the side of my knee that was also just as painful as my back.  Not being able to walk to the end of your own house's hallway and not being able stand for more than a few seconds was excruciating.

My DIL won't see this so I will share with you all that I ordered some flowers for my precious daughter-in-law.  They will be there tomorrow.  Too much to expect them to be there this afternoon.

She has gone without being asked with me to every appointment at the cardiology office and at every surgical appointment to be that extra pair of ears you need many times..  She went with the rest of the family the hospital  during my surgery and texted friends from there after surgery so they would know I was still kicking.   She helped this week when my sciatica was so excruciating by showing up and going to the store for me and hauling my pet to the Vet and she is 30 minutes away by car.  She brought food on several occasions and she is always a listening ear when I am in need. She is a precious girl and I feel fortunate that she and my son chose one another over all others and became a tightly bonded unit.  And now with their baby as well...oh, bliss.  I hope not to be as needful any longer.  This is the first time in my life I have been down and out physically that I needed help.  I hope it will be the last. Friends and family are gold and gemstones in my life.  That includes my Blogger and Twitter friends.  Very much includes them.

All the prayer and work on my behalf lifted me up to heights I had not known before.  Thank you, each of you who are reading this as well.  I am here for you too when or if you need me.

Fishies were I was walking before the sciatica

16 comments:

  1. We, too, are most fortunate to have you in our lives, Sister. So happy to hear that you're back on solid ground. It's good to know that, whether or not we're in need, we are never alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are mobile again. I believe in PT anymore over a chiropractor

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're doing better now, Carole, and that you have a loving, supportive, helpful family. That's definitely a blessings...but you already know this!

    Peace to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to know you are improving and can get around now! Awesome! Truly an answer to our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so good to hear that you are improving! Yes, you have a jewel of a DIL! What a blessing! xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're happy you feel well enough now to post again. We were pretty worried about you for awhile. You are indeed blessed to have your daughter in law. She is a "gem," and I know you realize it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy that you are getting some relief and that you are improving. Your DIL sounds like a gem. You are lucky and so am I to have a DIL like that. I will pray that you continue to improve and become pain free soon. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy that you're feeling better, Carole! God bless your daughter in law ... she sounds like such a wonderful person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Sis!
    Our life seemes to not same as ustube good life is nonexistent,but golfing was more easything to be back..I hope so, good memovies always stay with ok. While in the ocean on my way over I don't think they're was excruciating..I hope not painful your back not too much for when your drive in your car's..You are walking before the sciatca nerve..
    I hope good night sleeping tonight..Thank you so much with your daughter in law for helping so much.My japanese friends are very much as ous manage to keep cool during the heat waves ok!
    xxxooxx
    Sis,Katie,miyuki.and Victoria,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your DIL is indeed a rare gem. You are blessed to have her. So glad your back pain is better, Carole xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you are doing better. Your daughter-in-law is such a sweet, caring lady. She is gonna love the flowers you ordered for her :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW i wondered if you had help, but your DIL?! wow.
    she gets free babysitting anytime for sure
    ah yes, that part of my knee is numb permanently from that same nerve damaged. I am so thankful you are on the mend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. it makes me smile and it warms my heart that your DIL is the special kind of a woman that she is. Those values will be taught to their little one....that is truly special. I am happy she sees and acknowledges the special woman that you are and that YOU see the same in HER! They say that sons pick wives that are like their mothers.....he learned what a special woman is first through YOU! xoxo
    catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carole

    I am very happy you're on that road to recovery and I hope you stay there. Sciatica is vizshuz as de tabbies say, and I'm sorry it got to the point it did with you; also just as happy though that you have someone you can count on to be there both morally and physically....it is indeed a blessing ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sure goes to show there's grace for every situation. I'm glad you're in good hands.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Carole. I think of you often. I am just busy all the time. I do not know how much longer I can do this crazy life, Today I will just go ot the Wegmans and throw fruit in the cart and a few other things, move on over to Petco, then Target, and come home.
    I think my parents have a piano recital to attend this afternoon so maybe I can skip going for a visit.
    I am so happy to hear how you have progressed from all of this surgery. I know it was hard, and tough. PT is really torture. When YOu get home you just want to go back to bed, but I know it is good for you.
    Keep up the good efforts. I am behind you.
    I want my old life back, you know the one where I was retired and just doing whatever I wanted.
    I love you always

    ReplyDelete