Monday, December 7, 2015

How Nice!

Well, I got to go work out today and I went Friday of last week.  All of my physical problems are behind me now.  The surgery of course and I had begun working out after several months recovery only to get sciatica on a long long walk.  BUT!  I am over that too and I have begun to get some exercise at LAST!  I so dislike not being active so maybe now my active times have come again.  I hope so.  I even did lower back exercises on the machines today.

I have spent several months whining and moaning about those ills.  Now thank goodness I can't any more.  I did spend a decent amount of time writing on the website of the hospital I was in back at the end of July. I had nothing but compliments except for one thing, to give.  The fact that I came out of there after eight days and nights after rare surgery with NO infection...that is worth writing thanks for.   So I wrote a long note to the CAO (Chief Administrative Officer) of the hospital and said all the accolades that the hospital deserved as well as the surgical group who cared for me.  AND the anesthesiologists!  I still can't get over how they handled the half hour or so before my surgery.  I had been wheeled down to a low ceilinged not garishly lit room and "parked" on my gurney in a far aisle near the wall.  People smiled a bit, murmured good morning and were so calm and I had NO idea who they were or why I was there for.  I thought it was for more testing before the surgery.  No.  It was for my pre-op times and they handled it so well, so nicely that I had no concerns or anxiety at all.  They made sure not to "alarm" me with conversations or other things.  I just know they said something about getting the IV started...I had no idea what type, and all I know is I woke 6 hours later looking at the kids. They were superb as were everyone else I came into contact with except two women.

I checked in the night before the surgery.  When I was conducted to my room, two women were there and commanded that I not sit anywhere, to get into the bathroom and when I got there, they commanded "STRIP!".  Um, pardon me?  "STRIP!".  Why I asked?  "You have to" I was told.  "STRIP"!  So, no matter my protests, I was forced to disrobe in front of them.  Turned out it was only to remove any fuzz I may (I didn't) have.  They could have done that decently once I got into bed instead of showing their power over me with disgusting rudeness.  Then I had to take the antibiotic shower.  I told them no way they were going to stay in there with me then!  They also made fun of my modesty by asking how did I ever have children?  I actually answered in a loud commanding tone of my own that I didn't have them being told to "strip!!" by two strangers who were rude!

I complained in my letter to the CAO about that duo in my room after having said all the positives about the surgical group and the anesthesiologists as well as some of the nurses in particular for attitude toward me, ALL of them however insofar as excellence of the job were concerned.

OK.  Life story finished.

Waiting on repair people to get here.  My new, 6 months old Whirlpool stove had a screw come off or loose when I pulled the burner out from the plug in order to clean the drip pan.  That's gonna cost me $$$ for a defective component in the stove.  I'll get them to tighten all of them while they are here.



11 comments:

  1. My aunt used to be a nurse and she says there was a time when hardly anyone ever got an infection from being in hospital because they were spotlessly clean!! The fact that one thanks the hospital now when one doesn't get an infection is so bizarre! In the UK you kind of expect to catch something!

    We are all right chuffed and doing the happy dance that prayers have been answered and all is hunky dory with you now!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so sad that people can be rude and insensitive. Stand your ground. You are the patient. and have rights. I am glad you are doing so well. Please stay that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did they at least provide you with some music when you stripped?
    Seriously I'm glad your feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Carole. You are tough.
    I would have burst into tears, and refused to "strip"
    and their comment about how you ever got pregnant was just despicable.
    They should be fired. Oh my.
    I am glad this is all behind you. What a crappy bumpy road and I hope it is over forever.
    Today is my birthday, and I am just surprised I made it this far. It seems like there is always something, whether sciatic pain, sacroiliitis, or eczema, or a puffy owie hemorroid for no reason.
    It can beat you down!! But you are a super lady.
    I wish we lived very close, we could laugh together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sis so glad you are Healed...Thank You Lord.. and I do agree you had rights and glad you let someone in authority know about what went on. How else will they know. Please take care... XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you've recovered nicely! I'm sorry, though, to hear about those two people who were rude to you. They seem to think they have too much power. But glad your experience at the hospital was mostly great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you are feeling so much better. I hope those 2 ladies got in trouble. A person needs compassion to work in that field and they clearly didn't have it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you can go into 2016 with a clean bill of health and a loving heart. Your humor, wit and family have been with you all the way. Perhaps one day, that rude duo will have to follow someone else's booming, thoughtless commands.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I was 18 at college, I developed appendicitis. My Dad drove me home to have the operation in a local hospital so I could be visited easily. In the OR, I was shaved knees to nipples for sterility. It was by a girl I knew in high school.

    Fortunately, I was feeling nearly dead, so I didn't care. But it was a bit embarrassing afterwards when I had time to think about it.

    And then I realized that it was a profession and didn't matter. I have had complete physical exams by male and female doctors and don't really care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi sis!
    Your lower back exercises on the machines was yesterday.
    But complimants except end of july. but complimants except for one things to gie the fast that you came out of there after eight days,no idea who they were or why you was there for.The Iv starled ..you had no idea.they were superb as were to get in your the barthroom.
    I didn't disqusting rudeness. strangers who were rude!
    All of them however insotar as excellence of the job where concerned..
    I though out of it I can drive over in to your home my all ways be back for just my minds!
    xxooxx
    Sis,Katie,Miyuki,and Victoria,
    Michiko


    ReplyDelete
  11. Dearest Carole,
    Well, you did the right thing by letting them know about those two ruthless women. When I was paralyzed I had two very rude women while I was in the Radiology department. They handled me like a sack of potatoes and Pieter could hear me moan, while he was in the hallway... But I've mentioned it, remembering one with 'blond' hair and they know who was on duty; easy to trace for handing them the 'compliment'. We're no idiots so let them have it so maybe we rescue some future victims!
    So happy for you that it is all behind you now.
    Perfect in time for enjoying the season. Stay warm and cozy and be careful.
    Hugs and blessings,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete