Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Best Ever

Friends I'm here to tell you that six months later almost to the day,  (July 17th to January 17 when it gets here) after my surgery I feel better than I have in the last 8 YEARS!  I still have the condition ,but thanks to the Dr's work I am able to live very well with it.  All that to say I went to see my daughter-in-law and my 9 month old grandson today. :-)

I had the absolute best time.  I love my DIL as much as I do my children.  She is the daughter I never had although her mother is a beautiful fine woman...still I claim Christi too.

And James the baby!  He is holding on, and before you know it he will let loose and walk!  He has a  spoon of his own when he is being fed so that he can try to feed himself and  when I sat down beside him at the table, if he didn't offer me his cottage cheese! Twice!!!  He held his arms out twice to me  to be picked up, which is really nice because due to my illness, he hasn't seen me as many times as I would wish he could have but still...I got some smiles and some cottage cheese.

Perfect day.  I gifted her with my son's baby book today as well, which is filled up.  I kept thorough baby books on all three children.  I did not find it any more than a bit sad to pass it on to her because I knew she would love and treasure it.  No use waiting on me to "turn up my toes" as Daddy used to say  before she gets it...it's hers now.  I gave her a baby book among other things for her baby when he got here and she writes in it as often as possible .

Guys, I feel GOOD!  The discharging nurse in the CCU where I resided those 8 days told me that though I would feel OK after 6-8 weeks, after 6 months I would be feeling great.  I do.  He was right.

I can mostly tell when I walk or work out.  My legs used to feel like lead.  Now, they are normal again.  Poor things are getting the circulation they were missing for so long.

OK.  Nuff...MORE than nuff, said.



23 comments:

  1. We're really, really glad to read you feel so good now, Carole. And that you had a wonderful family visit! Is James 9 months old already??!! Where's the time going? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you that you are feeling really great! How sweet that James feeds you his cottage cheese :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great news Carole.
    You are too young to be decrepit, so glad you are feeling like a million again.
    Yay, our babies are getting big! 9 months! Oh I am sure that is hilarious. Sarah is 7 and she really wants to go too. So funny, I always lay a toy out of her distance and direction and watch her do everything in her wiggly power to get over there, which includes, belly crawling and it is so funny. Isn't it wonderful. and it does bring back so many memories.
    Love always

    ps: the boys are doing great. Pierro had IB for practically 6 months, so he was pretty much on the same repair schedule as you haha. He is doing great now and I am working slowly to get him off his meds.
    Miles.... is MILES, orange, stripey, loud, silly, BIG, smelly, He reminds me a lot of Caesar and Prin. Persistent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please give Katieblossomfuzzypants a big fat kiss from me

      Delete
  4. YAY! So much to be thankful for :) onwards and upwards as they say!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carole

    this is awesome news; very happy for you. glad you got a chance to visit with family, and James sounds like a wee character ☺☺ hope as each day goes by this year, you're feeling better than the one prior ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great news that you are feeling so improved!! Yay!! Cute story about that grandson!:) Enjoy today's sunshine! -xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't be more blessed to hear you're doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We can feel the energy just from the way you wrote this post. Has been a long haul, but so happy to hear you are feeling "great" as your discharge nurse said.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy to read that you are feeling so good. Babies do make you feel better too. I was very sad about Stinky's passing and I visited my niece and her baby yesterday. I got to see her turn over for the first time and it cheered me up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy to hear that you're feeling so good these days! That's wonderful! I had a super crappy day but this news ended it on a fabulous note!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This makes us SO happy to read that you're feeling great, Carole. And what a wonderful day with Christi and James. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did I miss out on such wonderful news! You're up and out and enjoying your family; enjoying life. Coming out on the other side of this is such a blessing. Much love to you and your dear family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dearest Carole,
    So happy that you're back on track and feeling better than before your important surgery! We owe it to modern medicine that certain things can be almost completely be reversed.
    What a GIFT you gave your sweet daughter-in-law. Yes, it is far better to give with a warm hand and besides that, now the next precious generation can be compared. What a treasure to have or better; to receive.
    LOVE is written in capital letters here.
    Sending you hugs and blessings for many more years to enjoy your family.
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are so happy to hear that you are feeling so much better and are back to your "ole" self once again. It's been a long haul for you, and we are thankful to God for the role he played in your healing. Big HUGS back at you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You should write to one of those advice columns saying how much you love your DIL, because the letters there never say that. I've always wondered "where are the happy people"?

    ReplyDelete
  16. So happy to hear your feeling so good. It just the best when your DIL's and SNL's are just the right person for our children. You have a gem there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is wonderful to hear that your surgery has had such great results. Sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your grandson and DIL. May there be many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi sis!
    I do appreciate you had send me lovely letter but you never writting not too much...Are you OK?
    The next couple of the days..to catch up and see what has happning with you until then stay sweet and out of trouble most importantly stay close to family.
    While in the ocean on may over I don't think is right?
    You feel better always Sis!
    xxxooxx
    Sis.Katie.miyuki.and Victoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sis!
    Our Life on another up and in doing so remember in our hearts.
    be a cheerful giver for each lesson. Theses wil be many leasons as we PASS though this things your told me few years ago the way home i'm glad you are OK.
    You take care of yourself LOVE YOU! Oh Your sweet daughter-in-low and little girles are beautiful girls.
    Hope as each day goes this years with your family!
    Katie has all ways good memories of family!
    I love to going Tennessee some time soon...
    xxooxx
    Sis.Katie.Miyuki.and Victoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm afraid of surgery, so hearing about your success is good for me!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad you're doing well. With my spy glass I'm typing on my new phone. The battery is low.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So lovely to hear you are feeling so much better. Health is vital and if something isn't working as it should be , it slows us down. Good you are up and running agin. x

    ReplyDelete