Friday, February 19, 2016

Blue Skies

I am so grateful  today after the past week of gloom, drizzle, rain and fog-- that we have sun today.  Most of yesterday as well.  However, as always, punishment follows as the weather report long range says the usual:  Rain, drizzle and fog for the next at least 7 days.  This pattern has truly been going on for five years.  I am going to ask our local network weatherman how many non -sun days we have had for the past several years per year.  I feel certain they will absolutely outnumber the sunny ones.

Because of the sun and  the not totally freezing temps, mine and others spirits out in town are high and we are all enjoying this sun while we can.

I worked out this morning early.  Had coffee with friends afterward.  Did a bit of grocery shopping for fruit and some nuts.  Went home..popped right back out just to add some steps to my Fitbit.  Went to two large department stores and walked the floors.  I did buy something, not much.  Still glorious out.  My mood still most excellent--- so I left a voice mail for the cardiology group PA and his nurse, also a male I might add, who have the absolute best manner of ANYONE in that organization including my very good but very uninvolved sounding cardiologist.  I love being referred to the PA and his nurse.  Professional, excellent, not -missing -a -thing exams if necessary, but with that all important to me sense of humor... and ...SMILES!  Yes!  SMILES!

Went back out again and found two wicker bistro set type chairs that I needed and they were on sale!  18 dollars each!  Can't beat that with a stick.  Happened on them. Bought some Katie food, went somewhere else and walked some more.  Came home and made a smoothie. at 1330 for lunch.  (I have gained five pounds which will be there when I go see my regular cardiologist for a follow up on Monday.  Sigh.  So I am back on a diet. Smoothie was: skim milk, ice cubes, a banana, 2 sweetner packets, a serving of Hershey's chocolate syrup at 40 cal for 2 T.  That's perfect for a cup of skim.  I threw in a scant 1/8th of a cup sour canned cherries with that much of their juice and whirled.  And... HAVE MERCY!  A perfectly thick enough 240 c. utterly delicious chocolate cherry banana smoothie that did it for lunch.

Then, I went to the dump with the old bistro chairs all unraveled (wicker) from their frames.  Headed to the big box store and got a new grill cover to cover my tiny bistro set.  Cleaned my big cabinet of a kitchen trash bag of won't -use -'em T shirts ill fitting and ew-glee as well.  Dumped them too as no one would want them.  Trust me on that). Vacuumed, washed dishes again, cleaned Katie's box again, dusted, ready to get on my walking pad and do some more walking or stepping I should say.  Making hay while the oft missing sun doth shine and the mood does too.

Horst, it says I am not a "team Member" so it won't let me in. but I did get to look this time.

Irritatingly happy and bouncy, I remain

Me






10 comments:

  1. It is tiring just to READ all that you did! What is your step count for the day? Understand, though, why you feel so energetic.

    Unfortunately there is a REASON why the grass always looks so green around there.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary here - I'm tired just listening to all you did. Whew - you really packed it all in girl friend. I'm so happy you are feeling well enough now to have a day like this. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you had a busy and productive day. Love those, one always feels so wonderful at the end of the day, having accomplished much...or at least with the feeling of having accomplished much.

    And isn't it amazing what sunshine (and warmth) can do for our mood? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure had ONE BUSY DAY! I would be glad if I could find a rocker/swivel high back chair in jet black with a fabric the cats couldn't tear up...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you are "good-busy". I am happy to hear that.Bill is starting his new trucking job next week. I hope we can get back to some kind of normal, too. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have been having so much rain here, too. At least, we see some sunshine this weekend!
    Your smoothie sounds yummy! I often use Harshey's caramel syrup for my coffee. Makes it sweet and yummy :-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! You were busy, but it sounds like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you Carole! The weather here has been up and down. One day in the 60's, a couple of days later 9 below 0. We don't have a local dump. We have to pay someone to haul our junk away and I have a front hall full of stuff waiting for the guys. I too have been busy with a move coming up in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing! It would take me an entire week to do the things you've done in one day. "Making hay" indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sis!
    We having are most of same as hot or cold weathers even today we had 37 hot weathers but I see on TV golden wealth.
    I had ever simple moment but for me it was another hot raining time. I'm going to playing tomorrow.
    I think excellent post Feb thank you sharing to us Sis!
    xxooxx
    Sis.Katie.Miyuki.and Victoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete