Saturday, April 2, 2016

Got 'er Done

Whew.  Finally got all the weeds that I can get at  pulled and disposed of over the fence and into my woods.  I have fertilized the azaleas with their azalea food and gave the same thing to my gardenia.  I hope everyone does well.  We had some substantial rain right after I fed everyone including the one remaining rose...and it all seems to have seeped into the ground.

I had Preen left over from a few years ago and spread that thickly where I had weeded.  It is so danged nice to look out of my front door, stand on the porch, look both ways and NO WEEDS!  Took me 4 days to get all 40 ft. finished.  I could have done more each session, but why.  I needed to get my wrists and hands/knuckles used to hard (trust me)  pulling and labor.  Already doing much better on that.  Good to reawaken unused muscles and sinews.  My back is doing pretty well and so are my squatting muscles.  Good thing as they really went through the wringer.

A cat I know crawled into bed with me  last night (of course).  I woke to turn over and there was a back pressed into my belly.  My pj top had risen a bit and she took full advantage of the literal body heat.  Even if she is hotter than me by temp, she said I sure beat nothing as it was chill in the house last night.  I stayed where I was rather than disturb her.

Have to start thinking what to fix for supper tonight.  And I got great news yesterday after a test  was one which shows me  how vastly I have improved.  No wonder I feel so well.  I'm the usual whirlwind I always was.  It feels so good to go from one work project to another to another and accomplish things.  I think I took 15 years off my feels-like age.

Loved the walk this morning  Will start increasing the length week by week.  I will not get back to my 8 miles round trip per day I imagine but you never know.

I put my hummingbird feeder out.  I imagine it will be several weeks though before mine show back up.  But I'm ready!

xoxo

Here's the Hummingbird family feeder. Just put out.  My homemade nectar.

18 comments:

  1. I have to have a lie down after reading this!! Egg Zorsting!! Goodonya! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Austin's mom - I need a nap after reading this. A person can just get tired out listening to you. Even in my 20's, I don't think I was that ambitious. I got a lot done, but I also knew how to take time to smell the roses or azaleas (as the case may be).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been smelling them three years so time to get to work. 😊

      Delete
  3. Ahhh it must feel so good to see no weed! I hope your flowers will do well.
    Sounds like Katie san had a nice warm night :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that you are feeling so much better. Your stamina is to be admired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, knock my kitty socks off! You certainly did get 'er done, Sis - amazingly so! Hard to imagine at the time but, boy-oh-boy, taking last year's uncertainty and distress head on really paid off. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love to hear good news like this! Glad you are doing so well...God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, just wow! i wish i felt that good! :D
    you might be sore, but it's a "good" sore <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sound like a real force to be reckoned with!
    Good luck with the hummingbirds - hopefully you will see them sooner than you think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad you are feeling so much better. How sweet of you to stay in one place for Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doesn't it feel good when we get things done

    ReplyDelete
  11. sooo incredibly happy for you and your good news....and you rock getting all of that weeding done! catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you surely did get a lot done, Carole! So happy you are doing so well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dearest Carole,
    You beat me to getting back into the garden routine... I too have missed several years due to medical things and now I want to first finish the scanning of all my albums. I've done one third and felt mighty proud of it. But with our Spooky going to the Animal Clinic and not getting any report for 1.5 day it had me worry and sleep very poorly. Via her FB Page I finally got a message back... Why not call or text us?! If one loves their fur babies like a child, it is understandable that we worry and especially when they have complete urinary blockage where the kidneys started to shut down... Poor thing and today when he got home I notice that he moans when he jumps down from a rather low wall. Means he's still in pain. He got special medicated food for Urinary Care and let's hope that too will work. He had a good appetite this evening for supper.
    Sending you hugs and keep Katie Isabella warm and happy!
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi sis!
    The azaleas with their food and gave the same thing to your gardenia. you feed everyone including the one remaining Rose. You preen left ever from a few years spread where you had weeds took you 4 days to get all 40ft, finished.
    Pulling and labor Already doing much better on that. your back doing pretty well sguatting muscles. Katie coming to bed with you she toox full advantage of the literal body heat! If she is hotter then you by temp.You got great news Yesterday after a test.You always was one work project to another to another accomplish you took 15 years of your feels like age. Oh my goodness have a wonderful another night for you Dear Sis!
    I hope I can have good golfing on wensday again??
    xxooxxoo
    Sis.Katie.Miyuki.and Victoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can only envy you all the successful weeding! I have spaces where the old perennials have finally died and grass snuck in last year and I have to get down and scoop under the soil several inches to get their roots gone.

    I would have gotten at that earlier, but our weather as been so odd lately. Warm March but cold April. That doesn't encourage me outside.

    But I have lots of flats of annual flowers (salvia, marigolds, zinnias, coleus, impatiens) growing well under lights indoors, so I should be able to fill the spots.

    I've given up on most perennials. They don't bloom for long and they don't live all that long really. I plant 2 dozen perennials one year and there are a couple fewer each year, so I end up with tiny patches when I want large areas. So, it's annuals from now on.

    Fortunately, I have a substantial light stand, seeds are cheap, and (being retired) I have time to plant. And I have to admit that being able to change the flowers each year IS nice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sis!
    Why I can't seeing on my ones in here?
    Please told me I don't talking with my son's. is something I has wrong things to wrote in here?
    Tonight was I can't sleeping 2-30 in morning now.
    xxxoooxxx
    Sis.Katie.Miyuki.and Victoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad to hear how well you feel! It is encouraging. I put my hummingbird feeder out yesterday. Looked back at some notes and I generally see them about now. The earliest was April 9. Haven't seen any yet this year, but I have hopes for soon.

    ReplyDelete