Sunday, July 3, 2016

What Luck!

Well, some of ya know I was out in the wet lands Tuesday.  Flickr and Face Book each have a picture I took among others while there.  It was very humid, very hot and we sweat like the dickens.  But we had a fabulous time.  Our t-shirts were wet with sweat and so was our hair.  Both my daughter-in-law and I have long hair. though we had it back in a pony tail, mine was gathered at the nape of my neck, it's heavy and hot none the less.

Every second was worth it.  BUT one thing kinda made me miserable.  As I just said on Face Book, raise your hand of you are familiar with chiggers.  I am now.  I wasn't, but I am now.  I have some poison ivy on my forearm as the ivy touched the skin just above my garden glove.  I was handling that,  but Wednesday morning I woke up with nodules behind my knees and one on my knee.  Itched to beat the band.  Intense itching at the knees.  Still does itch though it's  been 4 days.  I thought the poison ivy had traveled there somehow some way.  Nope.  But chiggers sure did.  So I am trying to suffer through this and next time I will wear insect repellant.  I had long pants on but that was not enough.

Just complaining.  Ain't it purty out there though?
Here's where it, the bites, happened.  It was worth it, awful though the chiggers are. 

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, magical photo, Carole! Sorry to hear about the chiggers. They sound awful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh....I'm so sorry to hear that. I've been bitten by chiggers and I understand completely how intense the itch is! I got bitten on many places and my skin looked awful swollen. I somehow attract many bugs even when I bathe myself in repellent. I'm so scared to go into woods. Benadryl helped me when I got bites. I hope your suffering will be over soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow I didnt know they bit, never had that happen!
    I see online to use vicks vapo-rub and salt- will share the link on your other venue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes pretty indeed but was not good is the poison ivy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Carole,
    Oh, fully understand what you went through so far. I've told myself to stay away from the woods as I don't want to be victim for some two months due to my extreme allergic reaction to any bit or rash.
    Hope you feel better.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh that does not sound pleasant. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not familiar with chiggers- and hope to never be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's perfectly fine to tell us what ails you. We love you. And we love your stunning photography. We do not, however, love those awful chiggers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes dear Sis Poison Ivy is not something I ever want again. I sure hope you have plenty of creams and stuff to help you out. I will leave all that nature walking to you.. I would rather have the BEACH and the ocean any day. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sis!
    Your Dinner time are mostly in moaning Only eat fish, I know how you feel of Mom..She delighted she was nice salad..
    I waiting to see you anther time.
    xxooo
    Sis,Katie,Miyuki,and Victoria
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate chiggers. They are horrible. So sorry you had that experience.

    ReplyDelete