Friday, September 30, 2016

Another Year

Guys, Ladies, I am grateful  for another year.  Had a birthday last Sunday.   I try to use that gift of another year each day, but particularly now that it is not so grueling hot and humid.  I am out on a brisk walk after my workout unless something else stops me.  My very hilly street (all of them are hilly in this town though) is not practical for my walking routes nowadays as I can tax myself just so far in climbing hills and keeping up a pace.  I therefore go to a fairly level park and go for it!

On my birthday I was on my way home from seeing my middle son.  He usually invites me to his home on that occasion.  Sunday, on I-85 I was rocketing along at just over the speed limit when I became aware that there was a car exactly on my bumper...close enough to tap me I would say.

I had just passed someone so I was in the passing lane still.  Not able to go back to the right-most lane until the vehicle next to me either sped up or slowed down.  The dimwit behind me used the very narrow place that suddenly opened up to my right as the car beside me did move faster, and  dimwit shot around me nearly shaving my bumper...and decided to gift me with a "greeting" on that, my birthday.  I certainly gained the knowledge that he was very angry with me for daring not to crash into the car next to me thereby letting him by.  Had I slowed down so I could get back into the right lane sooner...as he was magnetically attached to my bumper...he would like have shot me if he had a weapon.  He was in the way of my trying to get out of HIS way.  

He has to be proud he got around me at last and expressed his thoughts.  Way to be respectful.

Me, I continued on...not angry at all nor bothered.  I know what is important and that ain't.

I took these two photos with my phone way early this morning.  I will get out there with the Nikon in the morning assuming the builder and home are still there.







16 comments:

  1. Belated happy birthday, Carole. You're right, the idiot on the road is of no consequence, other than he's a danger to others.
    Anyway, may you have many decades of birthdays to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday! I'm thankful that the idiot driver didn't cause on accident on your special day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ignoring crazy people who think cars protect them from death is always a good idea.

    I had a case where some crazy person followed me nearly bumper on bumper for miles, and as I was in the right lane of a 3 lane highway on cruise control, at the speed limit, I'm pretty sure that I hadn't done anything wrong.

    But the aggressive behavior and the flashing high beams seemed dangerous. And the highway was nearly empty. Soooo, I had to get out of that.

    So I pulled past a person in the center lane, moved suddenly into the left lane, hit the brakes some and went back to the right lane behind the crazy person and onto an off ramp.

    Where I sat for a few minutes all pissed off in a parking lot, then continued on my way back in the right lane on cruise control ar the legal speed limit.

    I do feel sorry for the person I drove around suddenly, not wishing to scare them, but I thught my life was in danger from some nutcase and I didn't harm them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When that happened to me in my youthful, more idiotic, years I used to either turn the rear lights on and off quickly or just slightly tap the break pedal! It has usually incensed the jackass behind into a state of near apoplexy and then I would blow them a kiss and turn left at the next junction! Now I am old and decrepit I would probably wave my white stick at them! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately, I see those crazy drivers all the time. I just wonder what's the hurry! I was driving on the right lane on two-lane highway. There were many cars on both lanes. Clearly the car behind me got frustrated and began to give high beam to me. There were cars in front of me, too, so there was nothing I could do. He just made driving more dangerous.
    Glad the crazy driver didn't cause accident on your birthday. Happy birthday to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Happy Belated Birthday!!! Ugh those crazies on the road! You DO have to be careful though in this day and age. LOVE your spider web photos! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tailgaters are dangerous if Tim sees someone tailgating him he will slow right down me I just continue on my way and pretend I have not noticed them tailgating me. Also happy birthday I hope it was awesome and you loved it, I love my birthday as it means I have survived another year

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sis!
    You must has Happy Belated Birthday still is yours..
    Well don't tell me about the hilly street all of then are hilly in the town not fantastic idea road you are fairly go for easy away up it take it through of ways? You had lovely your birthday with rocketing on way to keeping up so close traffic was in my birthday time.
    When I was passing in the right in the vehicle sped up of slowed down because other car was so closed my accident time
    You has good was small spider in photos lovely to remember..
    But we has lots of good time.
    xxooxx
    Sis.Katie.Miyuki and Victoria
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday, Carole! Sorry that knucklehead rode your bumper like that. so dangerous.

    Big hugs and much love from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday! Our mom's birthday is in September too.

    That driver must have been a New Mexican! Oh no, wait--our idiot drivers *do* shoot at other cars.

    Magnificent web--what a busy spider!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm twelve days late so I hope you'll forgive me. What a wild ride! Some people have so much rage that they wish to share it with others who happen to be in their wake. Thankfully, it was no more than a bumper hug and gesture. Otherwise, I'd hunt him down and give him what-for!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Belated Birthday to you, my dear friend! At my age now, I've decided it it never too late to send good wishes to those we care about. I hope you had plenty of fun.

    Wishing you a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dearest Carole,
    Happy belated Birthday to you girl!
    Sorry for being very late but my entire blog roll on the sideline had poofed. It took me forever to find them all back and I found yours by scrolling down on Katie's profile!
    Oh, on the Interstate one can encounter all sorts of idiots. You know what my husband always says? 'Aren't you glad that you don't have to go home with him/her?!'
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1) Very belated birthday wishes, Carole!
    2) Crazy drivers: well, we've got them here too. I always thought we had the worst, but I see we don't have a monopoly ;-)

    Shimona

    ReplyDelete