Sunday, September 4, 2016

It's Not Like I Said Two Wheels!

Ya know, when someone who is driving is going to turn a corner (and of course not bother with a turn signal) it would be refreshing that they make their way through the turn in a timely manner rather than come to a complete stop, then turning.  Nope...no stop sign involved nor any traffic light to make them stop.  Just a very very slow driver who seems timid.  This is usually at a business where the driver wishes to go into a parking lot.  Ah...but I duly note that no one made me Queen nor Supreme Ruler who gets to say who does what, and when.  Drat!

 It's a bit  more aggravating when you are waiting to make a left turn at a traffic light with no left turn lead and you see that the opposing traffic has a vehicle approaching about to that point where you cannot safely take a chance on turning until they go by.   That vehicle you're waiting for to come on through so that you may turn left surely has a brick wedged under the gas pedal so that the accelerator may not be pressed to afford more than, say...oh, I dunno...perhaps 15 mph until they labor through the intersection.  (Where you have waiting, hoping for a chance to turn left before the next red light).

I also have noted that I don't get to say that MY timetable is more important than theirs!  Double drat!

At least it is not as bad as being behind someone who is texting.  They continue to sit at the light when it's is green.  They weave and wobble as they proceed down the street after some heartfelt honks of the horn at them.  However, I would rather be behind them than approaching them from the opposite direction as you never know where they will veer off to.  That thought just brought a memory from "back in the day" when mobile phones had not yet been made available.  I have seen folks with a newspaper propped up on the steering wheel hurtling down the interstate.  They stayed in the "slow" lane...you navigated around them.   Also, back then I used to see more men driving with their wrist stationed  atop the steering wheel.  Naturally I never do anything wrong.  I am total perfection all the time.  Sure!  I have more than my share of aggravating driving ways too.  I just won't talk about 'em!  😊




P.S.  In my header, I took those pictures of those Indian Blanket Flowers...a form of daisy... several years ago.  They are one of my favorite flowers.  I will bet I would never say a word to one of them if I had to wait for them anywhere in the world.  Love them.

15 comments:

  1. Oh, don't let me get started on the crazy ways people drive. Makes me talk out loud to them in my car. Your list contains some of the ones that aggravate me the most. Then there's the speed "jock" who pulls up behind me faster than greased lightning, like they might smash in my rear-end. Then they shoot around me ... only to turn right just a few hundred feet ahead. Talk about "road Rage", I understand totally what causes it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be that way until I no longer drive much. I let the BUS driver deal with it. LOL but I hear ya on the texting thing.. TEXTING has taken soo many lives.. and they just keep doing it. Sad deal. I won't even answer my phone while I drive..WHEN I drive.. Have a great week Sis..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some say it's OK to turn left on red arrow if the through traffic right is green. Someone blow horn at me when I was waiting at left turn red signal. Other time, someone behind me drove around my car to turn left on red signal. Very scary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hell I hear ya, taking Leo to school I would have the problem with someone driving so slow then as they approach the corner the decide to turn and I am so bloody pissed off if I knew they where going to turn I would have turned but no the inconsiderate bastard waited till they were about to turn to stick their bloody blinker on, since this happens often I now usually go a different way so I don't get stuck at that bloody corner unless I forget.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the idiots who don't indicate at all that get my goat too! Also people who sit on my tail when I am doing 30mph in a 30mph zone! Using a mobile phone while driving is illegal here unless handsfree, but I still see someone with it stuck to their ear practically every time I go out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With Jo-Anne and you, it is good to see the other side of the world's problem in comparison! Jo-Anne is in Australia.

      Delete
  6. We hear you, Carole! We could go on for days (DAYS) about the bad driving habits/behaviors we see all the time! :-O

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of mt peeves is people who do not accept their right of way. Some of the most dangerous people on the road are those who stop and wave you throgh the STOP SIGN you have.

    I'm sure they are thinking they are very polite, but they are relly ruining the system. Because there are often people coming the other direction, having the right-of-way who DON'T know what they are thinking.

    So you crawl a few feet up to look both ways, and then THEY decide you aren't going, and then YOU aren't sure what they are doing...

    There are reasons for driving rules. Those overly-polite people who give their right-of-way up just cause confusion. They drive me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sis,
    What is wrong is these day not bother even the driver.. where you have waiting to turn left the next not light.
    Hi Sis! you ca tell you from beautiful flowers. You can understand about not trees,
    We both nothing wrong even not eating to much wearing nice closed of colars..We love to see Sun's first day back to continue drive are taken by Sunny price serious.
    xxooxx
    Sis.Katie.Miyuki and Victoria
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sis!
    You can understand about not trees We both nothing wrong even not eating too much wearing nice closed of colers.. We love to see San's first day back to continue drive are taken by Surprise serious.
    xxooxx
    Sis.Katie,Miyuki and victoria
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  12. No signal, left turn from right lane, slow-going, bolt from the blue (against oncoming traffic), even driving in the designated bike lane. So many transgressions which, of course, I would never do! Maybe would could be co-Queens of the World?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dearest Carole,
    Yep, you are so right on this subject and yet we all have to manoeuvre through life with those individuals in our midst.
    Happy driving and yes, I too love these flowers and the Magnolia blossom of course.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete