Sunday, November 13, 2016

Thanksgiving Soon...Wasn't it Just Spring?

Time does fly, to coin a phrase.  I just try to fit as much as I can into the time I am allowed.  I like to litter done of I can.  Thing is, each day starts with the same things waiting all over again.  But to coin another phrase, it sure beats the alternative.

Ordinarily I would head out tomorrow morning early to work out and then make my way around and around in the park for my walkie.  Tomorrow however is different.  I leave everything undone except making the bed and doing the dishes.  I head to a little one day surgery thingy.  Tain't nothing.  Only be gone a few hours. I'll be home to wrangle Katie in the afternoon.

Middle son will be here for Thanksgiving.  He's coming from over the mountains.  Can't wait.  We will have our meal at the youngest son's in-laws home.  We have done that the past three years.  I will bring a vegetable and some Sprite and Diet Coke.  Can't have much of anything as I am trying to keep to 1100 c. a day. I can eat turkey though and a green veggie.  It's kind of them to always have all of us over.  Of course, youngest son and wife and baby would be there anyway but me, and the other two are also invited each time.

Just checking in guys.  Checking on on you all and showing myself too while I'm at it.

See you in a bit...


15 comments:

  1. You are right - it's coming all too fast. I'm happy you have plans and will be doing something with family. We will no doubt be going to daughter's house for the big meal too. I love that day - favorite over Christmas actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you'little surgery' is just that- a little one with no complications and an easy recovery! Have fun at the kids' house for dinner. Glad your other son will be home to enjoy it with you. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can hardly believe Thanksgiving is almost upon us, either. Time surely does fly. Sending purrs and prayers and good thoughts for your little surgery tomorrow. We are sure it will be fine, but know that we're thinking of you, okay? Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the day surgery. I'm sure Katie will be helpful in your recovery.

    Enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner! I can't believe it is only 6 weeks until Christmas, but the movies, decorations, and the seasonal items at the stores tell me I'd best get planning for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even if it "tain't nothing," our purrs and purrayers to you anyway. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending up prayers that the lil' surgery remains just that...much of nothing. I know you're going to have a blast Thanksgiving, being with the kiddos always is. Y'all have fun and enjoy every minute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending up prayers that the lil' surgery remains just that...much of nothing. I know you're going to have a blast Thanksgiving, being with the kiddos always is. Y'all have fun and enjoy every minute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stay well my friend, be safe and have a wonderful Thanks Giving. Always nice to be with Family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you good luck with your surgery, keeping you in our thoughts and prayers xoxo catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  10. Time really flies at very scary speed!
    I hope the surgery will go smoothly. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your surgery went well. That is nice that you can spend Thanksgiving with your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to hear from you Carole. I have been away from here for a bit. I'll be blogging again soon. Hope you are well my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope your procedure came out okay. I pray for you dear Sis and your health. Nearly 70 here tomorrow but I Do know the cold and white stuff will appear maybe even in time for Thanksgiving. Hope you have a wonderful holiday with family. Hugs,<3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok we don't do Thanksgiving since we are in Australia and all but that said I do hope all those blog friends of mine who do celebrate Thanksgiving have a safe and happy one I know it is some time in November.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi sis!
    I was very happy with what we can how much spend all days?
    When my way around back the park for my walking as same time thinking of you. you said only little one day of surgery. only Katie with you..Sorry Sis!
    The Thanksgiving day time your son from the mountains and younger son's in laws home it of past three years. You are lovely good vegetable and sprite with Diet coke Wop very good..with Turkey what is best time (With me Sis!) How I miss up these day? I still keeping your home pend.
    Enjoyed your special with all family and katie!xxoo
    Sis.Katie.Miyuki.and Victoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete