Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Comcast Problems in My Opinion

Friends, fellow bloggers, I once had bad service from Comcast on a continuing basis including rude service people in my home.  Happily that poor service has changed very much for the better.

The time that stands out most was when I had a bad accident in 2011 and could not really walk for several months and at the same time, I had a broken right wrist with a cast up to my bicep.  I was helpless, alone  and my phone which was powered by Comcast, was not working except intermittently.  I was in my bed a lot after that accident as I could barely walk with the severe injury to my legs.  My legs were actually black in color and swollen to one and a half times their size...never mind my broken right arm.  I had called Comcast customer service about the phone and mentioned I was helpless in the house; and while they said the usual words, nothing was done.

I wrote of that worrisome trial I was enduring with them here to you all  in my blog because, as I told all of you...a lack of a phone left me helpless here alone in my home with just Admiral attending me.  (She was my Tortie cat at that time).  If the house had caught fire I was trapped and couldn't call out.  If I took a turn for the worse--- same scenario

Now,  my complaint this moment is that my bill shot up to just under $200.00 a month.  That for a bundle of phone, interest and TV.  No packages of on demand stuff, movies, shows and sports.  The basic cable stuff is all as I don't watch too much TV.  Yet the bill shot to just under $200.00 a month.  That is $2284.68 a year just to watch PBS, and three other channels.  I Get internet and phone also.  

I knew the person I spoke with this afternoon was in an out of this Country call center who would nor could do anything, and they didn't except to offer $20.00 credit to wait a month before I did anything if I was going to.  I thanked her and refused the twenty dollars.  It wouldn't be right to accept it.

Folks, this is just too much to pay for so little.  I will likely have to do without it all and use my cell only.  I don't want satellite-- as we know how that might be.  I don't want you-know-who out there for an entirely different reason.

Comcast actually improved wonderfully since 2011.  Seriously.  I can't complain about anyone I have spoken with on the phone nor the few techs who have had to come here to the house since 2011.  I recommend them.  But if you don't have the money, you need to think it over.  It is very expensive. And they tend to add charges at least once a year  think. I think many of my friends have you-know-who. My accolades for Comcast are sincere.  Just their price finally got to my personal breaking point.

Just talking guys.  Thanks for listening  I'm not knocking them at all.  Conversely, I compliment them on their service these days which is quite good.  But I will have to bid it adieu.

XX


17 comments:

  1. Oh- That is so awful....and you are really at the mercy of those in power. If you call them back and tell them you just CANNOT AFFORD IT-they will often give you a reduced rate. We have had that done several times over the years. Do NOT feel bad about doing that! They are making money at half that price. Good luck. Explain that you are alone and how you use the service and ask if there is anything they can do. You might be surprised. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they did last year sweet friend. They didn't offer that this time. I appreciated the year I had off. Promptly on the dime, they raised the rate and then some.

      Delete
  2. Dang it, Comcast! Well written, Carole! Wish they would listen to the hordes of people telling them we all want better from them! Xoxoxo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. get a "Mohu Leaf" antennae. I have one in my window and get countless channels including 3 PBS ones.
    <3! cut the cable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pay a similar amount here in Canada (internet, television and land line) cost me $195 a month. However, I get a bazillion channels, I have high-speed internet and never have a issue with the phone. And I'm still working full-time so feel I can afford it. Post-retirement, maybe not so much.

    shop around, here in Canada some companies offer low "introductory" pricing. Or perhaps look at cutting the phone line and going cell only. We can't lose you from the internet! :)

    Good luck whatever you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is outrageous! As you know about a year ago we were with AT&T and they really shot up the price on us also. But we could go back to Time Warner at a reasonable rate once again. Now we are in the Assisted Living/Independent Living facility and only pay about $80 a month for internet, phone, and TV cable. Now granted maybe the facility we are living in gets a break of some sort as they have 270 apartments of various sizes. So we are not comparing apples to apples to apples, but your rate sounds high. I know you don't have any competition either to helpl drive down prices. It's a Gotcha Game and the consumer is the loser. Good luck - I hope you are able to do something about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They do that to us too but every time the bill shoots up my hubby calls and they'll lower it for a year or two and then they do it again. Ask to speak to someone who can find a way to lower your bill. It's not the first person but you'll get routed to the next level. Or you can ask to speak to a supervisor. It's a game they make us play which is frustrating but it will work. Don't give up until you get your bill lower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't watch TV much, either, so we downgraded cable plan many years ago. It's nice to know the company's customer service improved a lot. I have left some companies for kitty stuff because of the horrible customer service. If they don't care about their customers, I doubt they care about kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We shouldn't have to pay so much I do pay around $200 for internet, home phone and Foxtel but really it is a joke at times how much we are expected to pay

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you read the comment I left yesterday?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you know you can request an American operator to keep jobs in America? Comcast is a rip off, but around here we have no choice except satellite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we don't either. It's Comcast, satellite (n-o!) or you know who Absolutely do NOT want them. I am guessing that an individual city chooses who in Cable, may be the provider and the rest can go fish.

      Delete
  11. Hi sis!
    Another weak,but this time with a few around in my heart and the hood up as well,and wearing my heaviest coat, The wind was steady 12 mph but with the temp low. It sure made the chill factor get realliy it looked about the same as you saw two days ago When I posted,Blue sky, puffy clouds cold,No birdies singing that's OK.
    Hi Admiral san Me and my hubby Kittle.
    xxooxx
    Sis,Katie,Miyuki and Victoria
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  12. We had Comcast, and they kept raising the prices on weerd items. And they would make TBT stay on the phone long times. So he went to Verizon and got better stuff for less. But mebbe that is just here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dearest Carole,
    It is very tough for a lot of people, including both of us but indeed, what can we do?
    AT&T was the worst we had, so many disruptions and losing everything you were working on! Dish Network was very bad and now we have the expensive Spectrum. They all know how to lure you in for one year and than they go up-up!
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's so expensive, Carole! I'm sad that you don't have other viable choices there.

    ReplyDelete