Monday, January 16, 2017

Well That Was No Fun

You know perhaps how it can be.  You climb into bed, get settled with a pet on your chest, *gasp for air* and eventually you are released from petting duty and turn out the light.  *Cue slumber thoughts* and you start to drift off after announcements by said pet who hopped down and set about bringing in three or four of her most favorite toys.  Each one brought to the room is hailed ceremoniously with clear toned announcements as they are laid on the carpet by the bed or in the bed.

One is vaguely asleep when the toys are heralded.  Ones eyes open however,  and one wonders why every joint in the body is sending out semaphore signals just about, proclaiming PAIN!   My knees, hips, lower back, ankles, elbows were reminding me of those old TV commercials where they show pulsating red circles radiating out from the joints and then, they proclaim their remedy to swallow or rub on.  My joints were killing me.  That doesn't happen to me.  But it is now!  All new.

I have no idea what happened to bring it on as nothing new took place at all during the day.  I laid there in the beddy, all covered up to my chinny chin chin, and a pool of black and white satin was in a soft circle, purring very loudly at the side of my head.  I misliked the idea of moving  as it would disturb her.

There was no help for it however, I found on reflection as I was in so much pain I could never have gone back to sleep.  I did not want to disturb the sleeping soft guardian at my head but... one must do what one must.

I slowly moved the covers back from me and swung my hurting legs out and down to the floor.  Those  legs along with my hurting hips and ankles and knees carried me to the kitchen where I took two acetaminophen. I could feel the lessening of pain as I settled back into bed--- it was that quick.

I was amazed that my little kitty girl was still there where I left her as she usually leaves when disturbed.  She sank back into my neck and by my face with renewed loud purring and we both went straight back to sleep.

It was a good night,  but fraught with work dreams.  Those can be frustrating as things aren't the same in dreams...you KNOW they aren't,  but you have to "make do".  I had many fragmented work type dreams.  I am one of those who love(d) the profession and found it fulfilling on many levels.

Got to work out though this morning...out into the 3rd week of unceasing fog, rain, overcast.  The mist stopped later so I got a good walkie in afterward.

Chow..or ciao... or something.....




16 comments:

  1. Ugh, I feel for the pain. I have hip issues that flare up and so sleeping on my side (either) can become problematic and very uncomfortable. When I sleep on my back I wake myself with my snoring. LOL. Anyway, I'm glad the pain pills did their thing and hope you get a better night's sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH- How horrible. I wonder what set all that off? I am glad the pain pills helped though. Here's hoping that doesn't come back anytime soon.
    Take good care-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole! I can relate to various aches and pains to the "dare not disturb the kitty even though you had to pee." type situation. Growing up we had a cat who lived to 20. She slept with all of us.
    The tramp!
    She was real sweet and we all loved her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your pains. Mom can relate somewhat - like Kim says, hips and sleeping on the side, etc. Remember that though acetaminophen helps with the pain, it doesn't address any inflammation. lf your stomach does not complain, use ibuprofen or advil (naproxen sodium).

    Give Katie some chin scritches from here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am deathly allergic to anything but Tylenol. Throat closing allergic. :-(

      Delete
  5. Oooh...that doesn't sound like fun at all. I'm glad the pain meds took care of the aches and pains so quickly. I'm sure Katie's purrs and snuggles were healing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! I'm glad you were able to knock the pain down enough to sleep once more. Any idea what caused the flare up? Let's just hope it doesn't do an encore. Purrs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lying on One's bed of pain, even with a soft kitty, is no fun! Glad you got some relief! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Owww
    I hope that pain does not come back
    I miss having my kitty boy in bed with me, also just being close by all day
    I hope you have a wonderful day today Carole

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to hear about the pain you experienced. Glad it went away with medicine and hope it won't come back. Maybe Katie san waited for you to make sure you were OK :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sis!
    you are released from getting duty.You start to drift off after announcements. bringing in three of her most favorite
    toys for Kitty. I can see beautiful photo when I has with you good walks in afterword back your cars.
    You has a wonderful two little children enjoy always Sis!
    I had so hot days not good for plays golf ..another few day?
    We had so many years..
    xxooxx
    Sis.Katie.Miyuki and Victoria
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, nothing worse that trying to sleep when you are in pain. I hope you can get that issue resolved. Maybe you have a good case of Artritis, because that your symptoms seem to be a match. I hope these coming nights are better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never heard of acetaminophen so had to ask Google what it was, I am glad it worked so fast for you, pain is terrible

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear you had a lot of pain , kitties looking after you awww ! Nothing worse , hope you feeling better and pain free .
    Hugs I love your story telling sounds cool.

    ReplyDelete