Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Whoooo That's Good!

I have been to work out, then to the grocery store, then up to the park to walk, then to the ATM, then home where it's late enough I made my lunch smoothie.

It's extremely simple to make.  And no yucky green stuff in it either.  Ewwwww. I have four main flavors I make and all of them are fairly close in calories with the non fat milk making 90 c. itself.  Yesterday and today I added canned tart red cherries and some of the juice too, as it adds to the cherry taste of course.  So, a cuppa non fat milk in the blender, 2/3 cup tart red cherries with some juice, 2 tablespoons (measured) of Hershey's Lite chocolate syrup.  1 packet of Splenda, 6 ice cubes, and blend.  Oh my goodness, it's good and not many calories at all.  Green veggies need not apply.  I do the same combination with strawberries (fresh only) as a change of fruit, or a banana with the chocolate of course.  There is chocolate syrup at 40 calories in each of my fruit smoothies.  I love canned Pineapple chucks in their own juice too with the chocolate.  Same combo of milk, chocolate and sweeter which is one packet of Splenda or whatever you like.

It is a chilly, damp and windy day.  But though I want to say I want sun still...it's a day and something to be very grateful for!

Tomorrow I get to see my daughter-in-law and my grand baby!  They always spend the morning.  Can't wait.

What are you all doing?  Watching the clock with me till it's Spring?





.

22 comments:

  1. Your smoothy sounds yummy. I don't make enough of them, though I need something more substantial to go along with them.

    Enjoy the visit tomorrow!

    And yes, I'm watching the clock, so to speak, till spring. We're in the middle of a snowstorm now, so going home after work will be fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't done fruit smoothies in a long time but they sure do sound good. I always did add a bit of spinach to mine as I figured I got some veggies in that way. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your smoothies sound yummy. Our granddaughter loves everything blueberry - her Mom buys frozen organic ones and pops them right in that way. Generally with yogurt and some banana. She has one of those Cuisinart immersion blenders so bypasses the blender.

    You have inspired me (the Mom) to make some smoothies! I do love tart cherries!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds yummy! I tend to go for the chocolate covered cherries but I bet the smoothie is healthier! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the only thing worth eating. I LOVE those things!!!

      Delete
  5. You'll probably think I'm weird, but I'd make it without the chocolate. Just not a fan, though the rest of it sounds absolutely yummy!

    Yes, yes I am dreaming of spring. We're expecting temps of -40 to -43C, which is the same as -40F tonight. Thankfully after two weeks of cold and now bitterly cold weather, we've got a warm-up in our forecast. -8C (17F) by Saturday, whoohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Have fun with the grandson tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. M here: That sure does sound good. Guess I'd better copy this down - I just might get inspired to make one Of course I'll have to go out and buy a blender again or something to make it with. We have 3+ inches of slush on the ground and tonight it will freeze and stay frozen for another week before it warms up again. Oh to live in Florida again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun with your baby today.
    Enjoy the few warmer days we have, and the sun shine

    ReplyDelete
  9. These sound like the type of smoothies I like myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo-Anne. Yup. No extra stuff in them...just fruit, milk and in my case, a little low calorie chocolate syrup. 40 calories total for the syrup.

      Delete
  10. is that enough protein? anyways sounds great for fruit lovers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jade...I eat other stuff that makes up for that. Good question though.

      Delete
  11. Hi Sis!
    The best way of every body good possible up our children healthy. You said our suns still be grateful of course Yes!
    As you said extremely simple thing Thank you so much that Sis!
    I've like to hear more of the spring time!
    I love with more both of as gratenful life.
    xxooxx
    Sis.Katie.Miyuki and Victoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your smoothies sound good . Have fun with that baby.XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh yummy! I don't think I've ever tried smoothie with cherry. I have to try that!
    I hope you enjoyed time with your daughter-in-law and grandson :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The smoothie sounds smooth! I'm drooling just a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dearest Carole,
    So happy for you that you could get out and about!
    I've biked only once this week and declined for the other days as I want to do my 6.5 hrs of robotic speedy crocheting every day for each Fleur de Lys. That is without errors and such a 'perfect' day I have not yet had... Today I had to undo 2 rows.
    But 4 out of 18 total are done and 4 out of the length with 12 that is. Three times as many and I can launder, press and hang it wet so it will stretch out to perfection. Can't wait to see that moment!
    No smoothies for me as I read Bob Harper's book and he does not advise to 'drink' your calories. https://mariettesbacktobasics.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-skinny-rules-giveaway.html
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no Mariette. I don't use them for meals. They are just a refreshment of under 200 calories to tide me over till dinner. Not a meal. A snack.

      Delete