Sunday, February 26, 2017

Christmas in Springtime and I Love It!

Guys, I went up to someone's house this afternoon to pick up a product I had bought to support this Junior High school student's band.  (GO JEFFERSON JR HIGH!) I don't know the folks, I just recall the boy from a month ago when he stopped by my place to see if I would buy something for the cause of the Band.  I did decide to buy as all my kids went there, and I like the school.   So, there I am talking to the boy and the mom when she herself mentioned the Christmas decorated fake tree there by the front door.


Still has its lights on.  She said it has remained just like this for three years now as birds come and nest in it!  COOLNESS, guys.  I envy that!  Here's a few nests for you to see.  They leave them there.
Isn't this the coolest?
Nest to the right of center

This nest is barely to the left of center
 Made my afternoon!  Took my box of biscuit mix home and had the pleasure of meeting a great family too.

Oh--- and the header picture is tulip poplar blooms.  Some people refer to them as magnolias.  We don't around here.  Southern Grandiflora Magnolias are dinner plate sized white intensely fragrant blooms.  These pink tulip poplar blooms above that I took  last about 2 weeks is all and the petals fall to the ground.  They are so gorgeous.

Here is a Southern Grandifloria Magnolia dinner plate sized opened bloom I took one morning at 0815.



10 comments:

  1. Oh what beautiful flowers! I especially love the header photo.

    It sounds odd that the birds will nest in a fake tree right by the front door, does it not? They must be brave birds to be so close to humans.

    Have a great week!
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet they are Carolina Wrens. I have permission to come back when the momma lays her eggs.

      Delete
  2. GORGEOUS flowers! Love about the birds' nests. We put fake birds nest ornaments in our tree at Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your header picture. Didn't know the name tulip poplar. They do look like tulips :-) It is really cool indeed that birds built a nest on the Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why would birds make nests in fake trees, strange birds but a pretty flower

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sis!
    You had Junior High school studenits bank go Just go jafferson Jr High.All your kids went those.Your Mum when she her
    self Mentioned the Christmas decorated fack tree there by the from door. Magnolias, you don't around here.
    You took last about 2 weeks is all and the petals fall to the ground so gorgeous!
    Happy Christmas tree time.
    Have a nice day!
    We had hot day I has enough for a month still more...
    Sis Katie,Miyuki and Victoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sis!
    My thoughts and prayers all time with Beth.When I have my tooth plays for little Gabriel the aby for the parents and all that is close to the family and your self You are enjoy to read nice book today.
    xxxooo
    Sis Katie.Miyuki.and Victoria
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Carole,
    What a sight that fake Christmas tree with all the birds nests! LOVE the idea and why not keeping it up?!
    Yes, those Japanese magnolias are also called Tulip magnolias and are they not the most gorgeous sight in spring?!
    We got lucky this year for seeing them bloom very early and they lasted several weeks. Now the leaves are on.
    Sending you hugs and wishing for a happy weekend.
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  8. interesting how the nest isnt woven into the branches either that or i just cannot see that.

    ReplyDelete