Monday, March 20, 2017

LOOK Who Was Out Today!

These little sweetest faces in the world were out today!  I got to take a walk finally what with the below freezing weather and rain when it got to just above freezing.  I have been doing some walking in the stores trying to get some steps in but today...ta dah...I got to go to the park.  And these little ones were there to greet me.  They know I love them, so they were happy that I came to see them.


I have loved violets since I was a very small girl.  Those who recall me in my MSN Live Spaces blog  we started out in years ago, may recall the many stories I have recalled there of my beginning and teen as well as adult years.   And one memory is important to me.  The memory of gathering as large a bouquet of sweet violets...purple, light blue, yellow, white; and all with innocent dear faces looking at me above their thread-like stems.  Stretching all of three inches upward they looked back at me as I smiled lovingly at them.  I knew instinctively they were not afraid of me.

I picked them for my Daddy back then.  I wanted nothing more than to bring those faintly fragrant beautiful thumb print sized sweet faces back to my home in a big bouquet that would only fit a little girl sized fist.  I was so proud of my gatherings.  I carefully chose all of the colors as they were all blooming in that large grassy field. It was the outer reaches of our playground.  No other child bothered me as I constantly moved forward, bent over, plucking the unprotesting violets as I went until my small hand could hold no more.

When Daddy came home from work, there they were in a small short glass of water proudly set on the table so he would see them when he came in and before he left for work the next day.  He always said thank you.

Just a memory for you today as I passed those darling little works of art.  The park where I go to walk  is beginning to be covered with their abundance.

I wish Dad were still here so that I could pick the first violets for him again.  Miss you Dad.  Always have and always will.

13 comments:

  1. What a sweet memory Carole! I love the little faces of these flowers too. We call the johnny jump-ups or violas... I have them growing volunteer in my little flower bed. I hope to see those cheerful little faces in a month or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I to love Violets and Pansy's. I also love you header photo. Keep the photos coming. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pansies and Violas are just grown up would-be violets aren't they Horst? They are all beautiful and sweet as sunlight. Their tiny thumb-print sized faces are just a gift every time I see them.

      Delete
  3. What precious memories with your dad! You were such a sweet girl gathering violets for him. You must have made him smile all the time with your sweetness :-)
    Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh sooooo pretty and what wonderful memories!! xoxo catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah the good old days of Spaces. I need to start a walking program. The snow is just about gone so there goes that excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are indeed beautiful and I can see why they are extra special to you! What sweet memories! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a sweet girl for your daddy <3
    I miss mine too....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Carole,
    Yes, I'm with you on these sweet violet faces.
    I've even candied them, a lot of work but so pretty and special looking.
    In our garden I've always saved them so they could multiply.
    Love their heart shaped leaves, contrary to the white violets that are more invasive and not as pretty.
    ENJOY this special time of the year.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi sis!
    You have going to the park in talk to me our blogs as adult so many years! our memory are lovely to looked back us.
    The beautiful print sweet faces back to in a extra your proud of your gatherings. Love of our garden in special sweet memories us.The park where we got walk is walk is starts of the white violets always good remember with our my going Tennessee some time soon? but face book always OK.
    I will be back my time was getting nice now!
    xxooxx
    Sis.Katie.Miyuki and Victoria
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete