Monday, April 3, 2017

Heading Over the Mountains Soon

I'll be headed over the mountains Friday.  Thing is, snow sometimes happens even in April there in the mountains  I got a bad  snow surprise once only, but there may be a second time.  You never know.  I won't be gone long.  My usual.  And I hope to come back with a lighter wallet after going to the better consignment stores as I always do when I go see my son who lives over there.

Ir's raining enough to drown everything out there in the yard.  But the past three days have been heavenly.  Warmish, sun.  Sun is the most important thing for me.  We see so little of it here.  MY walks get more and longer when it's not cold, raining and so on.   Thank  goodness the lawn mower will be here tomorrow IF it doesn't rain.  Looks really really bad out there.

This time I won't have either of the usual pet sitters.  One that has sat for my pet for years and years is quite ill with vertigo, and the other one is awaiting the arrival of her first grandchild.  She texted that she's not taking any business during that time.  I have requested Katie's Vet Tech's assistance and she said she would.  Some folks may think "Oh, it's just a cat.  Throw down some food and water and leave".  But I don't. She is a family member and when I pay a pet sitter I liked knowing she was well treated and played with as well during the times of visits for feeding.  This will be a new experience for me and for Katie.  I trust the Tech or I wouldn't hire her-- so I am looking for another good experience.

Well, see ya on the other side.  I am about to head out into the rain.

Taken at our Marina







12 comments:

  1. Have a lovely and safe visit, Carole. Hope you find lots of great bargains!

    Oh, and most of us get the pet-sitter dilemma! (It's especially challenging when you have a special needs companion--in my case Nicki, with his twice-daily inhaled Flovent). Good luck to the tech, I'm sure Katie will be spoiled and will be fine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels Carole! I'm fortunate to have live-in pet sitter in my adult son. I'm sure it will be a challenge when he finally moves out. ;)

    I'm with you on the FB issue - I tend to unfollow and only check in once in awhile. This includes my own daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just know you are going to have a good time over the mountain - you always do. What fun it must be to go through the consignments shops in that city. I'll be with you in spirit. Hope the weather cooperates for you and there isn't even one flake of snow falling. Katie will niss you, but she will be fine and very happy to see you when you come home.

    Regarding people who use bad language on social media - I can't stand it either. I don't even like to hear it in person, and never do unless we are out in public and some teenagers are close by. I don't know why people on FB feel they can talk that way, but they do. It's very offensive to my ears!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. And I rarely hear teens anymore do it is always adults. Disgusting.

      Delete
  4. Have a great trip to visit your son, Carole! We totally understand about finding a good and caring pet sitter. We truly do. We actually have what's called the "cat-sitting manifesto," a 2 1/2 page document that lists all the things they need to know about Gracie and Zoe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss kitty blog land, kitty bloggers, I miss my old life, I miss Pierro terribly.
    I hope you have a great travel trip. Please be safe, there are a lot of bad drivers
    I know Katieblossompants is in good hands with a vet tech. I hope you put on the instructions "do not leave string toys out"
    We have had a lot of beautiful days. It seems the rain gets beat up by the mountains and we just receive gentle clumps of rain. Yesterday I saw that nasty patch roaring over you, but we were lucky to have just rain.
    So, maybe you just need to move :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and Facebook.... I enjoy the sewing machine groups. Other than that, I just do not have time. A lot of social media is kind of weird.
      Now there are too many angry brainwashed people

      Delete
  6. If I lived near you, I would watch sweet Katie. I hope you have a great time. XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah the annual duck races. I know what you mean about pet sitters. I grew up with cats and my sisters still have then. They are members of the family.

    ReplyDelete