Friday, May 19, 2017

Quest

Still on the quest to find wildflowers of more than two or three varieties.  I used to be able to go to the arboretum and find them but the past five years has seen only columbine and coreopsis planted there for the visitors to enjoy.  Used to be many varieties there to enjoy.  There were bee magnets as well and I could always be among them and ask them to pose.  (kidding, but they always did if I waited long enough for them to sit for the few seconds it took me to focus).

Now,  just two or three varieties.  Oh, and some indigo as well.  Here's the indigo.  Very small blooms, as like a sweet pea in size maybe.  I deleted all but this one because I didn't want to display them,  But for identification sake I saved this one.   Not a good looking shot for you at all.  And it's out of focus too. That's why I deleted them.



  And wild geranium.  I put that picture in my Flickr page---the wild geranium.  And a columbine.  I have that in Flickr and on FB.  Maybe cone flowers will bloom out later and I can get some bees that way.  They have planted their so-called butterfly way station but ain't nothin' bloomin' . So getting butterflies isn't going to be easy.  Maybe in a few weeks.  Very little there.  I was talking to a business man who is a friend too and he said "so it isn't just me" when I said how few flowers were there.  Now one could always volunteer and do that work.  BUT it is too much for me.  I'm just gonna sit back and complain. 

Just stopping by.  xxx






11 comments:

  1. LOL- My kinda gal---sit back and complain---why put yourself through the stress of doing it yourself?! lol
    Hope you have a great weekend!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, loved that comment! You have a great weekend as well. And your hero.

      Delete
  2. That's a very pretty flower! I don't see butterflies often but there was a little one landed behind home the other day. I hope to see more coming to visit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come visit us and I will take you to a butterfly place that has all kinds of butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come visit me and I can take you to visit a butterfly place that has all kinds of butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flowers are pretty, just saying, I have none here though also just saying

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sis!
    Now just two of us good idea of the gorgeous picture I had tears in my eyes I reading a the new technology of into of picture of course since first come into being here.
    Love and hugs.
    xxooxx
    Sis.Michiko.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sis!
    I'm sorry I forgot about more important with your Admiral name.I don't know why is happen with me I start look both ways too me. only few days of course I do appreciated of Admiral is OK with me.
    xxooxx
    Sis,Admiral.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just did that. You find a wildflower seed packet at any decent provider (I got some from prariemoon.com but there are others). Rake the soil in an edged bed, scatter the seeds, and cover them lightly with 1/4" soil. You will get wildflowers, many of them either perennial or self-sowing.

    http://cavebearslair.blogspot.com/2017/05/wildflowers.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Carole,
    Both of us are by far not as intensive gardening as we used to do and it is impossible at a certain age!
    Enjoy what you got, so do we and if we can balance the joy with some work, it is worth it.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha. You are so witty, Carole! We hope we'll see more bees and butterflies as it gets warmer ... the rain I think is an issue right now.

    ReplyDelete