Saturday, February 22, 2025

The Arms of Morpheus

 Morpheus has a BAD habit of dropping me hard to the floor after he has held me for what he considers to be long enough!  

Morpheus  He drops me to the floor, and I think kicks me lightly at least, to set me rolling!  Last night or this morning really, I woke again in the middle of the night.  Found out more people have that happen than I ever thought!  I was sure I was the only one in the world who woke like that.  Nope.  When my oldest who was here with me two years as I took care of him during the horrible for him, several years of dreadful sickness...I had to get up at about 0330 every night seven days a week for years.  I think it got me "trained" to wake up at that time.  Can't get over it I guess.  But I made it to 0415 this time!  Laid there another 40 minutes with an earworm keeping me company...sigh...so I got up.  Katie was aghast! 

Still colder'n kraut out there! But after mid week coming up it will get a bit warmer.  Kate and I have had welcome company every day this week.  We thought more today, but were told not to expect them. 

Had NO idea how expensive it is to get new windows. My middle boy took sales callers coming by the house several days now after school, and mn, there are some shysters out there.  He's already done his homework on all who were coming over to estimate, measure, etc.  The first one quoted a price of $57,000.00.  WHAT? WHAT?  I say, WHAT? Of course that was refused...he went down over 25,000.00. Shows you how they hope to gouge you hard! The next guy started lower, and they talked a lot about it.  He has more men coming to estimate, but that will be the man to beat.  He called me last night at 8, we talked a good hour and 3/4th.  But it is going to be a high price.  That seems to be the way it is.  Other son (and Katie's Client's parents, ) paid nearly that amount for their place.  Part of that was because of requirements from their HOA.  Both boys have big homes.  The middle one has a two-story house and a gang of windows! 

I am going to start calling to see about having insulation blown here at my home, in the walls.  Probably $$$$$$$$$.

Aren't I just a barrel of entertainment?  Heeee.  





6 comments:

  1. I don't know that it is Morpheus waking me in the middle of the night, unless he is living in my bladder. :)

    Windows are expensive in Canada too. My daughter was quoted $10,000 to replace two large and leaking windows. Of course, the company is the only one available in our small town, so can ask whatever they like. Good luck to your son! I'm thinking with the upcoming tariffs, he should do the work now, before costs rise even higher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what prices you are saying about window replacement. Makes me grateful that ours, while not the best, sure don't need replacing. Good luck on the insulation. It will hopefully pay off over time with heat and cooler in the summer.
    What wakes me is called good old hot flash! Only not so good after 25 years of them. I'll be doing hot flashes in the casket some day, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something that’s helped me: when I have an earworm, I start singing my own tune, like Rock-a-by-baby and that usually alms my brain.
    Henry likes to sing around 4 AM, and sometimes I fall asleep again, or maybe I start to listen to my audiobook…

    ReplyDelete
  4. $57,000! Geez, buy an old wreck of a house for that, salvage the windows, and then sell the wreck and its lot to make your money back. (And mayonnaise is what Hellboy started making after he grew up.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Depending on your income. you could get some insulation blown in for free and maybe a grant for the windows. It is worth looking into. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. $57k for windows!?! 🙀
    How do those people sleep at night knowing how they’re gouging people? My problem is not getting to sleep until 2-3 AM!
    “What the Hellman?” 😹😹😹 Boops to Katie from Kat. ❤️

    ReplyDelete