Saturday, June 28, 2025

Good Grief!

My roses

 Well, shew!  This has been a LONG time since I gave been here.  You'd think I'd take a hint and deep 6 the blog but Nooooo.  It's still here.

But here I am and I approved about 4 comments once I got here.  Glad you liked that all too true story.  Whoa Nelly.  The was a bad...very bad lunch time.

I made Katie upset the past few days and I should have realized I would; and I should have changed things back when I had the first niggling idea that I goofed.  Firstly, I took up the comfy red crocheted mat that she was gifted with when she first came home with me.  I usually don't have comfies out like that unless it's cold.  I usually take them up and wash them and put them away for cold weather.  Several are on the floor by the hot air blowy things so that she can be baked more comfortably. She tried lying there without them and looked so miserable I gave up and just laid them back out.  The worst transgression was 5 days ago, when I hosed out her hooded litterbox, I could NOT get the remnants out of that one corner she inevitably uses to pee.  It looked like heck.  I'd had it for some time so I gave her her first regular litter pan.  She used it but sat in front of it a short time before use.  She took to her bed(s) and went on a 'strict diet', powered her tail to all the way down at all times. She declared war with the guise of no interest AT all in ALL her toys.  She slept at my feet instead of on my head.  She stayed under the bed most of the day.  She would NOT go to a single sunpuddle any place AT all, and all day.  

Today though I certainly saw and suffered seeing her doing all this I finally thought "GO GET THAT HOODED BOX UNDER THE HOUSE AND PUT IT BACK!!!!!!!!!"  I did.  She very quickly ate an entire can of Fancy Feast above what she'd already had.   Peed in the box twice.. she ran thundering in to look for pretend prey outside...she asked for many more treats,  She stayed in my lap instead of leaving.  I have learned my lesson!  I was ready to take her to the Vet.  What a maroon I have been.  Not worth killin' as they say around here. 

Pictures won't post here so  will go ahead and publish and come back hoping Google is in a better mood.  Dham thing. Does this frequently.

here another...duh...

The star of the show always.  

 
She works hard for her living...so hard for her living.....


8 comments:

  1. Well it's good to know that the only thing wrong with Katie is you. Goodness what kind of mess are you trying to make for the poor girl. Good thing you got things put back the way they belong. Love the roses and wish I could have some. You know dear just love to eat the flowers right off the top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't tell MY deer that! No one has bothered them yet! I hope they didn't read that!!!

      Delete
  2. I cleaned all the litter-boxes on my holidays, and used a scouring pad that I use for dishes when I wash them; just something to scrub away the caked on debris. I wear a pair of rubber (or plastic) gloves and scrape until it's all gone. If you do have to change litter-boxes - and we all have to eventually, I think - try putting old and new beside each other for a time, and putting some used litter in the new one. It may take weeks but I think Katie will use the new one just out of curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Katie, you sure have your mom twisted around your paw.
    Glad you figured out what Katie wanted. Heaven knows how long her hungry and play strike might have lasted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though it took you a little longer than Katie wanted, we sure are glad you got her message and put things right again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It happens sometimes! Glad that everything is back where they should be and Katie is mighty pleased with that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. KATIE ISABELLA WHY IS IT WE HUMANS ALWAYS THINK WE KNOW WHAT IS BEST...WHEN CLEARLY WE DON'T. KITTIES LIKE WHAT THEY LIKE AND NUTTIN' NEEDS TO BE CHANGED.
    CAROLE I LOVE THE ROSE AND FYI I MIGHT HAVE MADE SIMILAR BLUNDERS WITH ANGEL MADI. EVEN THOUGH THEY GIVE US THE STINK EYE THEY FORGIVE
    HUGS CECILIA

    ReplyDelete
  7. We sure hope things get better.

    ReplyDelete