I have been out pulling weeds that I had nothing to do with--- meaning they were brought by the mower the my lawn man uses. I have lots of heavy mulch in the rose bed which stretches in front of the entire house. Nothing ever showed up weed-wise till this year and right after he mowed the first time.
Being there bent over pulling the weeds and dragging the weed bin along which is still heavy from the last time...oh my aching legs! I found this next thing a few weeks ago and it sure applies to now in effort...I wasn't doing any cartwheels however, I assure you.
Got a kick out of that!
Anyway, up and at 'em. Celebrating
John's five new kittens! And doing various work around the house while I am at it.
Anyone else a**dicted to CSI and NCIS? I swear, I can't MOVE when those are on. Gotta see it all and it is the hardest to watch sometimes of any two shows I could mention. These police-type procedurals from the 90's...Oh-My-Word!!! They are violent with a capital V.
Seems to be a huge heap of Spam being dished out to we CB bloggers! I mentioned it yesterday and several others got the same treatment. That is why I have comment moderation. On this blog it is shorter than on Katie's. I just never expected a truck load of it all at once on the "present" day of blogging. They, the crappy spammers try to steal/sneak in to old ones. Admiral's are locked up tight except for the first hours.
Does anyone else contribute to Tabby's Place? They are asking for contributions to a kitten nursery. I will.
Katie revealed yesterday that I got my hair cut. Just four inches but it serves for now. Next month I may go up an additional four inches. Since I started Plavix for the (organic) mitral valve I got at the same time as my whoopty doo heart surgery. In for a penny, in for a pound I guess. :-) , I need the Plavix against any untoward happenings. But it does thin the hair. Unfortunately.
My two other sons, the youngest and the middle one went off on a week long "brother time" mini vacation. They flew each from their own home to a central location in the mid west and then, stayed a day or so and rented a car and drove to NM. I have always wanted to go there. I was going to go once with a friend of mine but she swarmed all over it, took all the planning over and it was her way or no way. I told her I changed my mind.
Ah, the lawn mowers are here. What are you doing this day? I'm going out in a while for things I need to do. Then aerobics.
 |
| swiped from Face Book! |
 |
| I'd say we've all been there!!! |
Sprinkling here and only 67. But the mowers just showed up determined to get all yards finished for the weekend. I have enough weeds in this yard, that what shows up in my flower beds comes from right here. I have weeded one time this year after the ground thawed. Nice your boys are off together for some needed "men" time. Bet they wish they had some of your cooking with them. Precious hiding from the sound of the mowers but they are usually only here for less than 30 minutes. I loved knowing the kittens have been born!
ReplyDeleteGlad your sons got a vacation together. Even riding a bike is not like riding a bike. :) XO
ReplyDeleteBending over or crouching to do anything these days is a pain, literally. It's not so bad when I am crouching, but when I get up again... Maybe I should just stay crouched... It's neat that your sons are able to get along well enough for a holiday together. That beats a lot of siblings I know of.
ReplyDeleteI'm envying you for your warm weather. We still have piles of snow and it will be weeks before I'll be able to get out to weed. Though I don't envy your weeding. :)
ReplyDeleteYour son's trip sounds wonderful.
As for a cartwheel, I couldn't do one when I was young, and I sure can't do one now. :)
We're finally getting a spot of warmer weather here, too, and we are glad for it. About those cartwheels ... you are so right. At some point, things that once were so easy are no longer so! I don't want to jinx it, but we have not been getting much spam on our blog. Hopefully it remains as such. We are regular donors to Tabby's Place, and saw their appeal for the kitten nursery, too. :)
ReplyDeleteI hope your sons have fun in New Mexico. And that YOU get to visit there, too, someday.
DeleteI got the letter you spoke of today. ;-) Thank you. xo
Delete