Goodness, time flies when things are good or bad. They are good here at our home. My son has progressed wonderfully. Christmas preparations are made insofar as presents are wrapped & etc. Food is purchased and ready to make for Christmas dinner. We eat lunch time really. I may re-negotiate that with the boys and DIL. Christmas evening will be easier for me considering all I have to do above the dinner preparations. I will be pressed for time with a noon meal.
Katie's blog will tell you the kind of night *I* had after midnight..sigh.
Meanwhile, I am about to go in and get the bacon out to cook so that my son can have some with his oatmeal. My mother used to do that. Give us kids bacon with oatmeal, butter and a bit of sugar too, and crumbled bacon in it as well. The nectar of breakfasts!
See you over at your place..xo
Twin, I am so glad that your son is doing well. Makes me do a happy dance and say a prayer. My mom always put butter in her oatmeal too.
ReplyDeletexoxo
boy I am glad I am over the hot rolling nights and Myst is also!
ReplyDeleteoh I love oatmeal the salty way! no one else I know has ever had it that way. didnt like brown sugar on it the way my mother would do it.
so thankful your son is ok, i cannot imagine the pain you have been through, but if it gave your kitty a uti it must have really bad- hugs <3
I'm not sure if I can remember a morning when Mother didn't have oatmeal cooked and ready for us to eat for breakfast! Never any sugar on it, though. Bacon would have been a good thing, though there were often boiled eggs.
ReplyDeleteSending along happy wishes for this day! xo Nellie
No gift could be better than your son doing well! Merry Christmas my friend!
ReplyDeleteOoo, bacon and oatmeal - I'll be over tomorrow morning. I think you are farther along than I am with Christmas preparations. Christmas always sneaks up on me no matter how much time I have to prepare for it.
ReplyDeleteEverything's better with bacon, but I'd never heard of using it to embellish oatmeal! Good idea! I miss finan haddie for xmas breakfast.
ReplyDeleteNo question about it..bacon bacon bacon...is good on anything!
ReplyDeleteI've had bacon and I've had oatmeal. Just not together. A couple of comments above mentioned finan haddie. We used to sell that. That's going old school.
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't mind some pancakes.
Eveeyone has memories, and most are different. But I cant imagine oatmeal at all, never mind with bacon. But thats just me.
ReplyDeleteAs kids, WE were all so filled up Chistmas morning with the very fancy (at the tme) navel orange and golden delicious apple that we weren't big of meals. I can't even recall what we ate later (Mom is turning over in her grave, I'm sure, hearing that). But seriously, Christmas wasn't a major meal day for us. We spent the whole day with new toys and writing thank you notes to our relatives for their gifts.
Bacon with oatmeal?? Is oatmeal what we call porridge? It sounds errr interesting mol
ReplyDeleteWill have to go and check what Katie has to say for herself!! ;)
Good to hear of your sons good progress , that sounds good bacon and oatmeal. I take it that's porridge as we call it here in the UK.
ReplyDeleteHugs Sheila x
Oh what a yummy breakfast! So glad things are going well for you and your family! :)
ReplyDeleteI am glad your son is doing well...and Katie, too. Take care of yourself. Hugs! ~xoxo~
ReplyDelete