Thursday, October 19, 2017

Been so NICE!

Goodness.  It has been perfect weather.   At least it has been for me.  Cold in the mornings requiring a light jacket and gloves for awhile while walking.  NO sweating as in the summer with sun blazing and humidity settled in, no matter that you tried to get there at 8-8:30.  I love not having the back of my thick hair all wringing wet when I go home.

There has been sun each day!  Gosh, what's sun in this sunless cloudy and rainy land?  We got the sun and have had all the sun all week so far.  Makes walking all the more pleasant.  You appreciate sun when you can get it.

Got my daily step count in all four days this week.   Went out to eat supper with a friend last evening and there went any efforts to keep the calorie count down.  I had a baked potato with butter on the side (I barely used any), broccoli and a child's portion of chicken fingers.  That's where it all went to pieces.  They are so full of calories and sodium.  BUT I only do that once in a while.












9 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying your walks in the cooler weather. I love this photo of Katie. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s been beautiful here this week, too. Glad you are enjoying nice walk in comfortable temperature! That’s such a cute graphic of Katie san :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been lovely here this week as well, temps above normal, though we'll have cooler next week.

    Enjoy your walk and your chicken fingers. I'm sure all those steps wiped out any calories.

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Carole,
    It got cooler here a couple of days after you mentioned it. Last night Speckie was on my side, all stretched out and that was just perfect! Bandido sleeps next to Pieter... They keep us warm!
    When we change the bed linens, we also change our duvet!
    Oh my, the high sodium would kill me, I have to be always so cautious when eating out. Don't want my kidneys to go below the 34% function of last checkup in May. So the best way is to cook at home. Or else I make do with a salad or other items that I know don't contain the sodium.
    Still biked in my shorts late afternoon! Wearing now shoes and socks though... and a long sleeved cotton polo shirt! All other tops have to wait till the spring. Hummingbirds also disappeared and we only get those nasty wasps.
    Sending you hugs.
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, what's better than good weather and good food? What's that, dad? Good beer? Happy weekend, y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a challenge to reduce the sodium, isn't it!? Was on vacation last week and eating in restaurants was painful, I must say; but most were willing to prepare food with no seasoning for me. There were some hits and there were definitely some misses, but I lost four pounds on vacation!! Who loses weight on vacaton?! My only indulgence was two bites of a ganache torte (which was really a tart, but who's gonna be picky, right?). xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always a little nicer for walking when the temperatures cooperate. :)

    As for the chicken fingers, everyone deserves a treat once in a while. Right?

    Hugs to you and Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been outside a lot too lately. Not running, but doing yardwork. Between bending over and stretching over things, and walking back and forth from the garden to the house for more tools, I bet I get a lot of exercise. I should buy a step counter... LOL!

    I sat down to dinner last night at 7 PM and it was the 1st time since 9 AM I had been off my feet.

    It felt SO GOOD...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sis!
    These had cold in the morning and you had light jacket and
    gloves for awhile to walking, that you trued to get there at 8-8:30 that you are not having the back of your thick hair all wringing wet when you go home. you are barely much of child's of chicken fingers.
    you appreciate sun when you appreciate sun when you can
    see!
    You are light Jacket and gloves that is you are not happy..
    xxxooo
    Sis,Katie,Victoria
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete