Tuesday, February 19, 2019

I Can't Believe the Whole Thing Went Kerplooi

Guys, I cannot say it wasn't my day because my day was fab.  I got a cold cold freezing walk with wind chill in before the rain.  Then, I got a luncheon invitation from a former colleague whom I love. That was riches for me too.  Haven't seen him in about a year because of all that is going on here with me.  But we made time today and had a good natter.

I ate like I hadn't had food in weeks, too.  DEELISHUS! I had breakfast at 12.  Scrambled eggs, and a bunch of 'em.  I had 4 strips of deliciously greasy and savory bacon.  I had a huge serving spoon of hash browns, and a big spoonful of sausage gravy laid on the side.  I wanted one of the biscuits- but adding that many calories to the ones I already had on my plate.  Just couldn't do it.

Then, I came home...finally got the  dishes done as I was gone for about 5 hours, put the bedspread on the bed.  Went out with a grocery list and came home $100.00 lighter.  Put it all away and then....and then..... *cue dramatic drum roll* I trucked a big bottle of spaghetti sauce in the crook of one arm and some boxes of tissues in the other.  Headed toward the storage closet and then it happened.  The bottle of spaghetti sauce crashed out from my arm and slammed very hard onto the wooden kitchen floor.  It shattered thoroughly.  There was glass and sauce on the floor, on the fridge, under the fridge, on the carpet in the entry way across from the kitchen threshold.  It was on the woolen scatter rug, it was on the carpet. It was between the fridge and wall.

At least Katie didn't hear it  crash or investigate.  Something made me go open that closet and take the dust pan from the broom's handle where it was attached.  No idea why I thought of it.  But I took my spatula and the roll of paper towels  down to the floor with me and scooped as much of the sauce as I could into the dust pan with the spatula.  Kept dumping it  into the trash can.  Over and over.   Otherwise I'd still be wiping with towels if I hadn't thought of that.

After all that, I had to wipe the floor with clean water. Then, with wood cleaner and with polisher.  Then I had to skate with two thick towels under my feet to buff it back.  Never made me mad...wasn't impatient.  Mood was still excellent.  Didn't feel sorry for myself.  I felt so happy from getting a good walk in with "bracing" icy flavored wind blowing on me, that nothing took away my gratitude for being able to do it.  (yes, it was miserably cold).

Didja notice me on the photofunia last bloggie I did?  Gotcha.


15 comments:

  1. That sounds like such a mess. Sorry you had to deal with it. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Ellen...the day stayed glorious even so.

      Delete
  2. Oh- There are days like that, aren't there? I am glad it didn't spoil the mood of the day for you. Have a wonderful night- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, at least you won't have to clean the kitchen floor for a while. What a bother. I suppose every good thing has a price, and from the sound of your day, you still had a bargain out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Carole,
    Good grief, what an explosion of RED for all the wrong reasons!
    Not even a 'spaghetti' junction in sight, just calm traffic and yet...
    Hope you got all the stains out and so happy that Katie did not 'walk-in' on your Picasso event!
    Sending you hugs, sleep tight tonight and don't dream about anything RED...
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW!!! All I can say is, you worked off those extra calories pretty well!! MOL xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was quite the day. Glad it didn't get you down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good grief amazing how a jar/carton of something liquid can go all over a floor when it breaks but when you pour it in a pan to warm it hardly fills that up. In spite of the 'don't cry of spilled milk/sauce...I do
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you, not to get upset. I would be so cranky with myself. AND what a lot of work to clean it up. Though as someone else mentioned, you definitely worked off the calories!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful you got to get together with your former colleague and enjoyed a yummy meal! Glad the spaghetti sauce incident didn't spoil your day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bet the sound of that jar hitting the floor was something! Reminds me of a cat upchuck story...oh, um...never mind!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So last night I made meatballs and spaghetti and I used Newman's Own sauce. I was pretty made that it is now being packaged in plastic bottles, an environmentally oblivious decision in my opinion for an otherwise socially conscious company. But, after reading this, I see how smart it might be to package tomato sauce in plastic. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, lookit' you, keeping your cool in the midst of all that mis-hap. Way-to-Go, my friend. I'da been huffing and puffing and cussing like a dirty-mouth sailor during the whole thing.

    Would be nice if I can remember your story and be like you next time something like this happens to me. Love, love, love this!

    Wishing you a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete