Sunday, May 5, 2019

Oh For Pete Sake

Well, by golly I was all ready an hour or so ago on my way back home to type a few lightening bolts and some thunder boomers here talking about a twenty something woman this morning at no less a place than...Wally World.

I was in there (never did get what I went for...Dr. Peppers...) and I had gone thru check out and was making my way pushing my cart down the wide aisleway that leads from the very back to the very other back. In other words, one end to the other.  I always choose to park back where the garden stuff is so I have to walk extra getting to the other end where food & etc is.  Me and my step count, don't you know.

So, I'm going along and I directed my eyes to the left at a crossway.  At that time the young woman came along toward me with plenty of others as well, and I came to a quick halt...no collision done.  She was walking diagonally across the way of my path.  I said with a smile that I was glad all was well, and she said "you ought to watch where you're going"!

Fire ran through me- and I did say loudly "you too".  I was thinking unkind thoughts until I got in the car and I thought...knock it off.  It's a beautiful day you were granted...you had a great walk,  things going great until that little contretemps occurred...be grateful!  Be glad you are out here enjoying it. Some folks can't, and some can't race around the park getting miles in.  Be grateful for this day.  And while you're at it, you could have seen her sooner if you'd not have looked left.  No, there was no collision; but it obviously made her mad though I was nice and so on.  It was disrespectful of her to talk to an ancient crone like me in that manner and tone. But while there was no harm done, I had startled her I guess.  So, back in the car I finally came to the right conclusion it was my fault although I'd like to not have heard that statement.  But the pi$$ed off feeling left me and I only have gratitude for the day. Only took couple of minutes to calm down.  I'm improving.


Oh, and here is why I don't put stuff in the trunk.  It could be worse, but still easier to put in the back seat. And apparently  my purpose must be to annoy people waiting for my space even when there's one next to mine.  ðŸ˜©


13 comments:

  1. Excuse me, but that was extremely rude of HER! There's no fault of yours here, and there was no need for her to be short tempered.

    My goodness, I can't tell you all the times I've either been distracted or focused on something and almost collided with someone--or even more often, the reverse. And frankly, I see more 20-somethings glued to their smart phones and not looking where they're going than I see anything else. It's a regular occurrence for me to come to a full stop while on a sidewalk, especially on campus, and just wait for the person coming toward me, head down, to notice...or collide.

    Anyway.

    Good for you for being able to let it go and just appreciate the day for the gift it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Carole,
    Well, it is understandable that fire ran through you!
    We have discussed it just this week with friends that there seems to be nothing left of the old moral values taught to us and lived by, all our lives!
    Respect for your Parents and for the elderly was what we always went by.
    It looks like nowadays a lot of younger people don't even know what that means...
    Love your picture, just how we remember you from our visit to you and Katie!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, that lovely old home in the header is one in Charlotte NC. Older district...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you were able to let it go like that, Carole. Good for you, my friend! However, we agree with Kim ... it was NOT your fault at all. That 20-something was just plain rude!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the previous comments, while you may have been distracted, she obviously saw you coming. Politeness goes both ways. But it is good you were able to let go of the negative feelings.

    Love the photo of the house in your header!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it's so unfortunate you had to come across this young woman. I had collisions almost occurred in store, and usually we both smile and apologize and move on. Though, I have an experience that I was bullied, which totally ruined my day. Glad you had only gratitude in the end :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with the other comments but admire you for it. Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some people are just rude it is their nature

    ReplyDelete
  9. I probably would have answered, "I did watch; how else would I have avoided your drunk-like stumbling?" Or I would have thought that hours later when something sharp and incisive at last occurred to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, I swear, you totally slay me! LOL LOL LOL LOL

      Delete
  10. Smiling about Dr Peppers. I grew up as a teen drinking them warm. Loved it that way.

    There are always people who walk through parking lots like they own the place. I have had some surprises with people like that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never stop belching if I drank them hot.

      Delete
  11. Ooooohhh BOY! I hear you loud and clear on "feeling on FIRE" at the rude comment. I'm exactly the same. Good for you though. You were a "class-act".

    I also have to do the same as you did to "get-a-grip" on myself and "get over it"!

    ReplyDelete