Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Must be Spring

 Must be that Spring is near.  Walmart finally opened the garden center again.  I guess they knew not many would haul stuff all the way up front to the grocery section if they wanted to sell it. But I entitled that way because I caught the fever.  I have a few wildflower seeds and went to get another large LARGE pot and some potting soil.  The reason being I have hard as stone, red clay soil and anything I grow any more that isn't a bulb, is going in a pot.  Including veggies, but then too, if I plant in the soil of the yard, the deer, raccoons and squirrels eat my tomatoes, peppers and so on.  So deck  garden it is!  Not started that yet.  Just some flowers.  Got that done. I gots da pots out, dirt in them, what I'm growing from seed in them.  I fed my roses too.  Fed my azaleas and my camellia and my gardenia which has become HUGE.

I have to get an appointment for Katie for her senior physical and her shots. I dread it.  Anyone who has read what she has said the past 5 years nows why.  Thought things would change in the Fear Free clinic but that means sedation and she won't allow ME to do it and now for a years she has not been allowed to have me with her.  The last sedation she had for her physical changed her personality for 2/3's of a year.  She was frightened of her own shadow.  Took her that long 2/3's of a year to get over what ever the two drugs were.  One to put her under, and the other to wake her.  Reaction was so severe they do have it marked not to ever give her that again. 

Our dogs and cats and Bunnies are true family to us.  I wish the Vet office techs and others knew that and were always gentle.  Where I go now,  they ARE gentle.  The Vets always are, but this time, the tech are too.  Jack pot. So...what's up?  I know some one is Saskatchewan is busy!  :-) 


These magnolias will start budding in another few weeks.  Very large, very fragrant. 




8 comments:

  1. Dearest Carole,
    Good luck with all your seed planting.
    Yes, our dirt is very, very poor and bad for growing anything in it. We always had to dig a large hole, fill that with plant-friendly goodies like potting soil and at times cow manure bought in bags. That's the only way things grow + WATER and lots of it.
    Not easy and as you mention, critters snacking and dining on everything leafy what we cared for with hard labor and sweat...
    Hope Katie's appointment will work out well! Our Speckie needs to get her Rabies...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your garden shopping sounds fun and colorful to see this time of year. It'll be another month before the Walmart here and Lowes put out any plants. Then our frost date is still May 15, so can't be in too big a hurry. I bought 2 potted pink hyacinths at Kroger the other day to get early flowers in the house that can now go outside later on. Poor Katie, I just hate when it is time for vet visits no matter how caring they are. And right, we could not see the vet dr. last year, just the tech girl. Hope Katie has an easier time of it and forgives you after getting home when it happens. We love our pets and they have no way of speaking so people can understand them. Love the bottom flower photo. Lynn and Precious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring feels like it is coming here, too, but I have to go by the weather, as I don't get out to our Walmart much...

    The best of luck to Katie when she goes to the vet. Keep us apprised, please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so envious that you're already planning and planting your garden. It will be weeks yet here! Maybe it's a good thing I'm busy watching curling. :p

    Poor Katie, I hope her appointment goes much better this year. I know it stresses both of you so much.

    Take care, stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear I'll surely keep you and K.I. in my thoughts when you go for her annual. Bless her heart and yours.
    Love magnolia scent.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have any traveling vets near you that would come to the home? Poor Katie and poor you worrying about her. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid not. There was one 10 years ago when Admiral was still with me.

      Delete