Sunday, March 28, 2021

Spinning Wheel Turns Round and Round

 It has poured rain so that there are multiple issued flood warnings.  I am on the highest part of town and I don't have to worry.  Water can never accumulate up here- and it would be like an ocean if it did.  Friday was  beautiful.  The  only day that was all week, however, starting Friday night about 9, it started pouring again and hasn't let up.  I am concerned for my two tomato plants.  They have spread out since I planted them in the container garden but they have received nothing but heavy HEAVY rain since except the one day.  

Tomorrow I take one of Katie's favorite human brothers to the University hospital the next City over for yet another surgery.  He will be home after it.  It's extremely important but one that while you have to be careful with bending and stretching he will be OK till be fully recovers from the surgery.  These are not as horrible all the others.  But no walk in the park either.  He has the prayers and loving thoughts of many local friends, Twitter friends and blog friends of Katie's  to carry him along. I am grateful to the max to be available to help with all the hospital visits, and all the other things needed. 

My daughter-in-love made a 4 course dinner  today to be ready for us when we return from the hospital tomorrow late late afternoon.  That is so very kind.  I'd make something or order it, but she cooks the meal and brings it over  when we are hospital bound... so instead of cooking or going out again,  I can help him and run around doing things that need to be done.  She and yet another favorite brother of Katie's live half an hour away, but she never fails to help us during all these times. He'll go home Wednesday and her other favorite brother will be here Friday for his visit during his Spring break. Can't wait. I was successful making my first chicken and dumplings a week ago.  So I will make some more for him when he gets here.  If he doesn't like them, the other two will eat them gladly.



 




11 comments:

  1. Dearest Carole,
    Wishing you all the very best for tomorrow's surgery on your son!
    How sweet of your daughter-in-law for preparing a four course meal for you. Takes all the extra stress off you in a nice and loving way.
    Those screwdrivers are really genius for a lot of people that got so screwed up they can't tell anything apart...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carole I had seen in the news about the extreme flooding around Nashville. Glad to hear you web high on a hill. We also live high on a hill sometimes the rain is still scary thing when it's that much at a time. You got a lot going on there with your son, and he'll be in mine and Precious prayers. Family can be a lovely thing, and it sounds like the hot meal that's being delivered is just one of those things that make you very grateful. Hoping all goes smoothly and you have a great visit coming up the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our purrs and purrayers to your son, Carole. We wish him the best of luck for the surgery and for a speedy recovery.

    As for the rain, we hadn't heard about the flooding in your region. We had well over 100 mm of rain in the past few days and I had buckets and pots and pans at the ready for any roof leaks. Happily, and KNOCK ON WOOD, all was okay!!!

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best to your son on his surgery and recovery. He's fortunate to have his mom nearby to help out. And an SIL who cooks too!

    Hope it stops raining soon for you. We're getting snow later today. :( Take care, stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loves and healing thoughts and hugs to one of your favorite brovvers Katie Isabella and what a gem of a wife your other favorite brovver has to cook so good food to nourish and heal.
    SO not fair to charge more fore a left handed ANYTHING.
    Favorite Sis of angel Madi is left handed. In a right handed world...when she wanted to take baton she was told she'd have to learn to twirl right handed...because twirling left handed would mess up the line. So she took tap and ballet...which was better in the long run. Dance gives a child lots of poise and self confidence.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending purrayers to Katie's favorite brovver and all who care for him !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm praying too. I saw on FB that your son was having surgery so I wanted to visit you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Though many surgeries are safe and easily accomplished, none is a simple procedure for the patient. The surgery will be over by the time I write this, so I hope everything went well and without concern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh- Sorry he has to have another surgery but it does sound like this one isn't as bad as the others. Thank the good Lord for that!
    I hope that all is well there and you can be home enjoying that home-cooked meal. Continued prayers for him AND you! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete