Sunday, September 5, 2021

What? A Month Has Passed? Time Flies.

When you ain't having fun.  

 I am about to give this blog up.  I appreciate the friends who come by always.  I can't seem to be very interesting though.  That may be "my sign".  

Just got back from wally world and a grocery store.  I have to go back to wally's world as I saw the small bottle of makeup had been opened...of course after I got home.  And the grocery store sold me a bag of stale popcorn, that was like chewing rubber pieces.

Nothing like having to repeat the steps all over again. 😞

The cat still isn't happy at all.  She was doing alright till she fell using her tree trying to get down from the highest point. 

 She got a new tree and the old one was hauled away.  She hates the new one, though she got on it a total of three times in as many weeks.  She won't do anything she always did.  She hates the new dining table, and as for the tree...nada, and she won't play with any of her toys.  She just stays in her PTU all day except to eat and use her box.  Nope, not even Donkey. She won't play at night...all toys remain where they were.  No running feet marks in the carpet..just nothing but staying in her room mostly in the PTU. One toy made it to her room a few nights ago.  That's it. 

So, with this gloomy post, I'll say so long till the next post.  Oh.  She and I are alone until next Thursday.  Then Brovver will be back a couple days. 

So...grouch and gloomy here, will again, bid you bye.  Till we meet again.  Who knows?  If something good happens maybe it will be soon. 




15 comments:

  1. Dearest Carole,
    LOVE this image and it resides on my Pinterest board: FELINE FURBABIES WE LOVE.
    There is NO hurry for posting or making it into a MUST post. Do as you feel like doing.
    Pieter went on Friday morning on his bike to Wally mart for returning something... Their computer was out, so no refund could be done. He went back in the afternoon by bike. What a mess. Not that he hates to bike, but doing so in vain.
    A crazy world in many ways and the weather is not helping either. We have had no rain in days, finally but still the tree cutting crew has to wait for things to dry out before using their heavy equipment on our lawn. That is the case since April. Hoping that by Christmas things will start looking like routine again. Hate the waiting on people... Oh, somebody (?) threw a stone to our guest bedroom window and nearly went through the double glass. Needs to be replaced too. That is the same issue. Pieter stopped by at their store after calling for weeks and no reply. The lady showed him a list that on Tuesday we would be #9 on that list for making an appointment to come to our home. They are short on people. Another dilemma with all the crazy handouts by this white house occupant. He is encouraging people NOT to work, even rewarding them. So we all suffer from that impact in one way or another. Every trip I've made to Atlanta (good 2 hours one-way), we pass trucks that have the sign: We're hiring. Sad things for them and that too affects us as things get late to the stores and on and on.
    The only thing that works is prayer and we need A LOT of it!
    Big hugs and don't rush Katie Isabella, she's a senior kitty and needs her time.
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that Katie is not back to her normal self. Is she sleeping on your head or chest though? Sometimes life just grabs us and makes for rotten days. But they do get better. In the meantime, good luck with the store returns. I just do not like any kind of shopping any more. Enjoy a bit of quiet until your son comes by. Maybe he can get Katie out of her slump, and you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm growling with you over the repeat store stuff. The open make up!?~~~ I tried online ordering from WallyWorld back in the early part of the spring. 2 pair of capris, told me it was ready they brought it to the car!! BUT DID they tell me they only had one pair and I needed to go to refund counter NO...I found that out when I got home. Had to go back.

    Madi did not like change it took her a while no matter where the change was. Even somewhere she rarely went..nope didn't like it.
    Sending K.I. a hug and her Mom too
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's sad that Katie is having some issues and feeling the need to hide. I sure hope she's back to her normal fun-loving self soon.

    As for being grumpy, as a cat mom and a parent to two adult children, I can understand. Some days are definitely harder than others.

    Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Some or all of you must have done Katie some good She PLAYED with her tissue paper and the wand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I'm glad to read that Katie was playing. Sometimes we all just feel "off" and need to be left alone to our own devices until we recover. Right now I think everyone's energy is "off," I know mine certainly is...though I often feel it's been more "off" than "on" for some years. LOL.

    Anyway, good luck with the returns. If it's a small amount of money I don't bother, because my time also is worth money. So I have to ask myself if it's worth it to me to spend the time running here and there to save a few dollars. The answer would have been "yes" when I was younger, but not so much now. A significant amount (however that is defined) is another matter! :-P

    Take care, Carole, and do as you please with your blog -- it's YOURS. I hardly ever post anymore, don't have the same interest and certainly don't have anything to relate since I've been working from home for the past 18 months, and will continue to do so indefinitely. In all honestly, not many of us having anything "grand" to write anyway, we all live our little lives as best we can. Lots of hugs and purrs from us.

    Kim and Derry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything seems to take time with a cat. Time is the most important element in their behaviour, I've come to realise. They'll sort things out with time. Katie may not go back to the way she was (or she may!) but she will figure out a way to make things happy again. She's just considering right now, that's all...

    ReplyDelete
  8. no one is having fun when the ministry of propaganda and corrections is monitoring your life.
    I just got booted off of instagram. I think I might have offended someone when I told them pro choice means you should choose to have sex. the fact that you create a life is not your choice. the choice was made before.
    Basically, I have an instagram account for sharing pictures of my sewing exploits and grand babies and me and daddy and me and hubby. Well... no more. I have been kicked off for "violating" come community rule.
    I do not use foul language or ask or tell people to do things, I just share gentle pictures of my oh so different life of the past 9 years. I am a different person now.
    I hope whatever you decide to do, you do it with change in a positive way. You can always email friends. I have two friends I email often, one I skated with for 5 years, the other is a neighbor I had waaaay back in the 90's
    Life is weird. I am trying to focus on the good things. maybe getting off of social media is a good thing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Personally, I hope you don't give up the ship! I get MAYBE three to four people on my site who actually read and comment. I'm probably boring to a lot of folks - that or they do not like my Christian conservative right-leaning views.... which is probably it anyway. I don't care. I don't do it for anyone else, I blog for me. It's a hard world right now and probably is never going to go back to what it was. God has His plans. Whatever you decide to do, whether stop completely, or do a post once in a while, I support you and will be back checking on you. Much love and many prayers for blessings in your life, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is that Katie getting a ticket for speeding..............lol
    I hope you hang around longer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor Katie, I thought she was feeling better. XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, more than anything, we do hope that something good happens real soon for you and Katie, Carole. XO



    ReplyDelete