Sunday, September 12, 2021

What Possessed Me?

 Good Grief!  (I recall a friend at person who remarked  in semi- exasperation to my often uttered remark "good grief":  "Carole, there IS no good grief"!

But, good grief....  I was sitting in a chair with a heating pad at my back, and  suddenly I got up...went to the kitchen and cleaned the coffee pot.  You know that has to be done with vinegar.  Pew.  Then, I got the baking soda and scrubbed the pot inside and out to get rid of any lurking coffee stains which did exist.  Rinsed till the pot glowed...and turned to begin taking things out of the fridge, and I cleaned THAT out.  What in the world brought that on? My back still hurts too! 

 Scrubba scrubba dubba! And got that done, washed, dried, etc.  And back together.  Something came over me and I took the kitchen trash container (supposed to be white) apart, and spit shined IT!  If I hadn't already shined the wood kitchen floor yesterday I likely would have done that too.  I have the urge to bring my long table into my room and totally empty out a large cupboard onto it- and throw away things and make it more orderly.  

My million books and their shelves need to be cleaned up, and books put in better order, and believe me.  I am a book maven so I have many MANY books.  They are friends to me.  I re-read favorites many times.  Can't get rid of them.  Would be like losing family.  If someone was here to see me company while doing it...it would be done now.  But when I ask a friend to just sit and talk while I do it, they everyone think I want them to work.  No.  I don't. I meant what I said.  Just company. 

So, my feet are dancing while sitting here to get the table out, set it up in my room and get cracking! 




24 comments:

  1. Dearest Carole,
    At times we act like an Energizer battery... and it is good. Getting several chores done like that IS rewarding.
    No matter what.
    Haha, today in the morning I bikes with Pieter together, for returning a San Disc, which was the wrong one and I'd ordered one at Amazon last night. Not wanting to pay $ 5.95 for it to arrive on Tuesday, but now it comes on Thursday. That's okay and I can start using it in my newly bought Kodak negative and slide scanner to make them digital. FINAL project. Oh, I've cleaned up so many things. Did digitalize some videos that were on a DVD and I changed them with a special App that I purchased last December so the one year pay is ending soon. Got it all done!
    Took out the two drawers in the fridge for then lifting out the shelf with the glass top as something had messed up 'under' the side. Glass came out too so that job can get done. Got them standing up in the guest bathroom's tub. As we both opted for a long bike ride in the afternoon. Asked Pieter if his battery was loaded, he was fine he said... Well, after some 16 miles, he suddenly told me that his battery was empty! Ouch, so I demanded him to ride my bike and I took his with the empty battery and climbed some ugly hills with it for good 10 miles... I told him that I will never again ride with him if his battery is less than 100%. What an effort! But I did not let him do it as the cardiologist warned him in January, not biking those hills. That was the reason he switched to electra bikes! So I had to be tough.
    Glad we got home and there were 4 out of 5 hungry kitties on the driveway and Dido came down the stairs. He's an almost 100% indoor kitty, only uses the great outdoors as litter box...
    Feels good for having had supper and I was rather tame for the rest of the evening. Reading some blogs was good.
    Big hugs and hoping your back is soon behaving as it ought to.
    Keep that active spirit alive though!😉
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You all, and Pieter for certain, are brave to bike that far and it's awful for the both of you that he miscalculated the battery charge.
      I am fortunate in that the glass area in the fridge here is in small pieces so to speak and not too hard to manage, I found some especially bialy made for refrigerator shelves, foam padding (thin) and some vinyl pads too to line the shelves helping to keep them clean. Of course, they too need washing from time to time.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Mariette that you are a bit like the Energizer Bunny even with a painful back. Now you did not see Katie acting like that when she hurt her back, did you? She was a smart girl and took advantage of pampering. Too bad your friends don't come just to chit chat while watching you run around with a dust rag in one hand and a scrubby in the other, lol. The quite seriously it sounds like you got a lot of work done. Maybe hold off on moving the table though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The table is very light .It's longer- but it reminds you of a card table. I use it to hold lots of things so I can sort after I have gotten it all out of the closet etc.

      Delete
    2. Katie was a LOT smarter than I in handling her back pain.

      Delete
  3. I wish the cleaning bug would bite me. Even just a nip might help. Ha.

    I LOVE that cartoon!

    Take care and mind your back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cleaning bug has skipped me the past 3 months or so, but we are catching up in a HURRY!

      Delete
  4. Ooo Yay!! I had this happen after watching cleaning motivation videos and I went nutty cleaning & purchased a cool mop and gallon of vinegar and all the cleaning things! I guess I should have posted about that. I want someone to come sit with me also... i have no one, not that i can these days anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get on these tangents too.
    I do throw a lot away, and sometimes find some treasures to put in a photo album, beautiful photos, or cartoons or artistry, for my grand babies.
    The rest needs to go. I do give a lot to Purple Heart or Lupus. I just do not have TIME.
    Today I am going out scavenging for things before they get more expensive. Grocery prices are making me very sad. I love cleaning sprees. Keep going. I do not read at all, too lazy and not interested, but I will sit and sew.
    Happy Monday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Rosemary. Prices are rising each DAY and shortages are abundant. I'll write about that next.

      Delete
  6. I have to clean with the cleaning fairy lands on my shoulder whispering sweet nothings in my ear. No matter the time I do it. Mopping floors is one of the things that JUST hit me out of the blue. However, since my appendectomy I told the cleaning fairy to bug someone else. Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We live too close to one another. She came over HERE!

      Delete
  7. I'm needing to have one of those get up and get 'er done moments but have been feeling a bit sluggish lately. I can't even blame it on the pain anymore as that has relegated itself to merely making it difficult to turn over in bed (and asserts itself when I sneeze).

    My son is back at work this week, and since I do my best work in the morning, I'm hopeful things will get accomplished. That reminds me, the coffee pot needs cleaning too. :)

    Take care of your back. And I happen to believe there is something as good grief...that is when you allow yourself to feel the sadness and express your emotions. Or at least that's my perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you; and even as I wrote it, I thought of that side of it.

      Delete
  8. We all go through days like that and wonder what got into us

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used a can of air to clean my books off. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wanting to categorize them. At least a little bit.

      Delete
  10. When you get the urge, do it!
    I need to arrange my books too, and I did clear some out not too long ago; books that I hadn't opened in years.
    I donated them to a local cat rescue, for their yard sale.
    Hope they made a few bucks from them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. O, that reminds me. I need to rearrange my book shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, if you have a lot of physical chores to do, it’s best to have them all done and over with at once. I know that if I have a lot to do, I can’t stop for a break in the middle, or I lose my momentum, and I may as well quit for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's why I like Green Tea in the morning. Just rinse the mug daily. Once a month swish a little bleach in it and Good As New (after serious rinsing).

    Yeah, did that refrigerator cleaning recently. Put damp dishtowels on several shelves at a time. Cleaned them right up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought I hadput in a comment but I may not have. I was impressed by your energy. When I do something big or long in the way of cleaning, it has to be done all at once, or I won't have the gumption to start again.

    ReplyDelete